Creature ModelerApply NowApply Later Job ID 10013640 Location San Francisco, California, United States Business Industrial Light & Magic Date posted Aug. 04, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid Preferred, Remote Possible
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely. A remote opportunity may be possible for qualified candidates under certain circumstances and, if granted, the employee would work remotely on an ongoing basis.
With an emphasis on anatomy and form, the Creature Modeler will create three dimensional CG characters to be painted, enveloped and animated by the creature development team.
What You'll Do
- Create three-dimensional creatures for the Animator and Technical Director; employ specific software tools to build the geometric structure of the object and ensure that the model will satisfy the requirements of the production
- In building creatures, the modeler must incorporate technical expertise, artistic ability, and a basic understanding of animation
- Work with production team (Sr. Modeler, Technical Directors and Animators) to identify the “look” for an object
- Build the geometry of computer graphic models, with an understanding of how the geometry will be used in the production process
- Perform other tasks related to the creation of computer-generated animation
What We're Looking For
- Bachelor’s degree in Fine Arts or equivalent with a thorough understanding of anatomy, character design and animation
- Portfolio demonstrating traditional artistic skills including illustration, and sculptural abilities a plus
- Proven experience creating digital creatures or characters in a feature film or production environment
- Requires familiarity with film and video post production techniques and with computer graphic techniques
- 2-3 years Zbrush, Maya, and facial development experience and/or a demonstrated desire to develop computer skills
- Knowledge of UNIX is a necessity to navigate through ILM’s production pipeline
About Industrial Light & Magic:
Founded in 1975 by George Lucas, ILM is the leading effects facility in the world, serving the motion picture, commercial production, and attraction industries. ILM has created visual effects for over 325 feature films and has played a key role in seven of the top 10 worldwide box-office hits of all time and has contributed to 25 of the top 50. ILM has set the standard for visual effects, creating some of the most stunning images in the history of film. At the forefront of the digital revolution, the company continues to break new ground in visual effects, VR, AR, and Immersive Cinema.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Lucasfilm Ent Co Ltd, LLC Payroll Svc, which is part of a business we call Industrial Light & Magic.
Lucasfilm Ent Co Ltd, LLC Payroll Svc is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.