Creature Technical Director - Expression of InterestApply NowApply Later Job ID 10001113 Location San Francisco, California, United States Business Industrial Light & Magic Date posted Oct. 10, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
This posting is an opportunity to submit your resume for future consideration; this is not a role that is open at this time. We anticipate this role may be open in the future, but we are not actively hiring for the position. If you would like to be considered for this potential role, please submit your resume. If the role becomes available, you may receive an email or call from a recruiter.
The Creature Technical Director is responsible for rigging and enveloping hero to background creature, vehicles and props in Maya. They are able to wrangle rigging and creature pipeline issues proficiently under the support of their supervisors. They also possess the ability to run flesh-surface, hair, rigid sim, crowd, and/or cloth simulations.
What You'll Do
- Provide rigging and enveloping in Maya for various vehicles, characters, and creatures
- Run cloth, hair, rigid body, crowd, or muscle simulations
- Troubleshoot creature pipeline issues for artists in other disciplines
- Script utilities/tools/plug-ins in Maya
- Participate in reviews, dailies, and department meetings as required
- Mentor entry level artists
- Special projects as necessary
What We're Looking For
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Graphics, Computer Science, or related degree or equivalent experience
- 3+ years experience
- Experience as Maya rigger for assets in digital animation, visual effects, games, commercials
- Experience running simulation shotwork
- Experience in corrective sculpting. Knowledge of anatomy and enveloping
- Positive Attitude and cooperative team player
- Good, dependable communication skills
- Proficiency with Linux
- Expertise with Maya
- Experience with python scripting
- Nice to have:
- Experience with Massive or Houdini crowd software
- Basic proficiency in another discipline - modeling, texture, TD, animation
About Industrial Light & Magic:
Founded in 1975 by George Lucas, ILM is the leading effects facility in the world, serving the motion picture, commercial production, and attraction industries. ILM has created visual effects for over 325 feature films and has played a key role in seven of the top 10 worldwide box-office hits of all time and has contributed to 25 of the top 50. ILM has set the standard for visual effects, creating some of the most stunning images in the history of film. At the forefront of the digital revolution, the company continues to break new ground in visual effects, VR, AR, and Immersive Cinema.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Lucasfilm Ent Co Ltd, LLC Payroll Svc, which is part of a business we call Industrial Light & Magic.
Lucasfilm Ent Co Ltd, LLC Payroll Svc is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.