Data Analyst, Enterprise PortfolioApply Now Apply Later Job ID 694047BR Location San Francisco, California, United States; New York, New York, United States Business Disney Streaming Services Date posted Dec. 05, 2019
The Data Analyst in the DSS Enterprise Portfolio Team will assist in evolving all aspects of enterprise wide portfolio management strategy and will heavily influence and contribute to new process design, development and execution. Additionally, this position will be able to master exploratory analysis, advanced reporting, data modeling and visualizations to serve the dual purpose of driving decision making and delivering fact-based actionable recommendations. This role requires a strategic mind-set as well as analytical skills and the ability to apply those effectively to achieve results.
This position can be hired in New York, New York or San Francisco, California.
- Deeply understand portfolio data and the composition of projects and programs that impact key results and outcomes
- Perform root-cause analysis to identify patterns in portfolio data
- Explain data anomalies, develop data visualizations and reporting to drive key messaging and recommendations
- Support new strategy, processes design, reporting, and communications
- Operationalize new processes so that they can be maintained in an on-going and efficient manner
- Create informative and well-organized presentations that contribute to overall business needs and goals
- Able to digest product roadmap and articulate potential technical workstreams
- Perform ad-hoc assignments, including leading and supporting special projects
- Work closely with related teams to ensure alignment with broader strategy
- 4 years of analytical work experience
- Demonstrable work experience with Tableau reporting and visualizations (we will assess this in the interview process)
- Experience in building financial and / or data models with predictive analytics
- Experience collecting, validating, and analyzing data. Must be able to manipulate data, develop visualizations, triangulate and summarize results.
- Must have a passion for accuracy and a strong drive to create new processes and utilize tools that have yet to be explored; it is essential to be able to maintain a balance between the details and the larger picture
- Ability to engage with the business and use data analysis to influence key stakeholders at various levels
- Ability to translate high-level requirements into functional specifications
- Strong written, verbal, and analytical skills
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced highly iterative environment
- Ability to manage multiple tasks with demonstrated ability to organize and schedule work effectively
- Ability to successfully work with all levels of management, especially in a matrixed environment
- Previous work in a PMO or analytics team, ideally providing analytics to inform portfolio decisions is desirable
- Experience in technical environment preferred but not required
- Degree in analytical field such as mathematics, computer science, or a related quantitative field; advanced degree is a preferred.
About Disney Streaming Services:
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service; the upcoming Disney subscription video service; and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Our core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location. We serve consumers by bringing the world’s most beloved characters, timeless stories, legendary athletes, and epic sporting events to global audiences through best-in-class direct-to-consumer video services. We strive daily to imaginatively challenge convention with innovative technology that gives consumers the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.