Already applied?View Dashboard
Desktop Build Systems Administrator IApply Now Apply Later Job ID 631671BR Location San Francisco, California, United States Business Lucasfilm Date posted Jan. 24, 2019
Job Summary:The Desktop Build Systems Administrator I (Level 1) supports the installation, maintenance, upgrade and general support of desktop hardware, operating systems/software, and associated services as a member of the Lucasfilm IT team.
The Desktop Build Systems Administrator I is responsible for developing and maintaining the systems build services of Lucasfilm and its divisions globally, ensuring the smooth and efficient deployment and execution of desktops and render farm images for use by other IT, IS, & Engineering teams and throughout the user base. The Desktop Build System Administrator (Level 1) will be active in both development projects and service support.
The Desktop Build Systems Administrator I will implement and maintain hardware drivers, operating system images for Windows and MacOS, virtual desktop infrastructure, tools and other systems that enable core IT services across the company’s locations globally.
As well as drawing on traditional IT techniques, the Desktop Build Systems Administrator I should take advantage of modern DevOps approaches to ensure the availability of IT services, which provide the core foundation of IT services that are essential for the smooth operation of our multi-site, award winning film production and visual effects companies.
- Provide 2nd level support for service request tickets
- Assist in driving projects geared at reducing the amount of service request tickets
- Support SCCM infrastructure for security patches, package/application creation, and system deployments
- Support JAMF infrastructure for MacOS and iOS deployments including patches, package/application creation and hardware deployments
- Support VMware Horizon View based Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) including client software and VDI images
- Strive for the highest levels of IT infrastructure operational efficiencies, through implementing effective service monitoring, maintenance programs and foundational system design with a global perspective
- Provide excellent customer service support, including clear verbal and written communications
- Work closely with other technical groups to ensure that IT standards and technologies are in line with the overall technical direction and security posture of Lucasfilm and its companies
- Maintain documentation and processes around key IT services in the organization
- Identify and implement areas for enhancing automated monitoring alerts in our network monitoring tools, based on findings from Server Logs review, to streamline alerting and reduce time to resolution
- 2+ years of Desktop Build Support Experience in a 500+ user environment
- Strong experience with System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) and Windows 7/10 management via Group Policy Objects
- Strong experience with JAMF for managing macOS-based systems
- Experience with VMware Horizon View VDI preferred
- Microsoft certification
- VMware experience a plus
- JAMF or centralized Mac administration experience a plus
- Associates or Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or a similar degree
Lucasfilm is a global leader in film, television and digital entertainment production. In addition to its motion-picture and television production, the company's activities include visual effects, audio post-production and cutting-edge digital animation, interactive entertainment software, and the management of the global merchandising activities for its entertainment properties including the legendary STAR WARS and INDIANA JONES franchises. Lucasfilm Ltd. is headquartered in northern California.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Lucasfilm Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Lucasfilm.
Lucasfilm Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.