Desktop Systems Specialist, Level I
San Francisco, California, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 940306BR Location San Francisco, California, United States Business Lucasfilm Date posted Mar. 03, 2022
Job Summary:We are looking for a Desktop Systems Specialist, Level I who reflects the innovative spirit, creative talent, production excellence, collaborative mindset and passion for great filmmaking that define Lucasfilm.
The Desktop Systems Specialist, Level I provides primary support for technical queries and issues across all departments at Lucasfilm / ILM in San Francisco, with a focus on desktop hardware and software. You will resolve these queries or issues directly, or escalate to other support teams where necessary.
Responsibilities:As part of the Technology team, you manage a broad range of IT services in order to help ensure the timely delivery of client projects. This primarily includes desktop hardware and software, but can also expand to cover network, storage, servers and media systems and much more.
- Respond to requests and communicate with end-users in a friendly and pro-active manner
- Build and deploy desktop systems at scale, including Linux, Windows and Mac
- Maintain inventory, process repairs, and take part in resource planning and procurement
- Perform regular equipment moves
- Other tasks and projects as required
- A degree or diploma in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field is preferred, or equivalent experience
- Previous work experience in a similar role in games or VFX is preferred, but is not considered a requirement
- Strong communication skills – in person, over email or phone
- Self-motivated – determine priorities and push yourself to complete tasks, but also ask for help if and when you need it
- Great attention to detail
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and balance multiple priorities
- Familiarity with desktop and server hardware
- Nice to have:
- Ability to think logically and troubleshoot by breaking complex issues into smaller tasks
- Experience working with multiple operating systems, specifically Linux, and know at least one major OS in some depth
- Exposure to programming concepts and experience with a scripting language or Python
- Familiarity or experience in other areas such as databases, network, storage, and virtualization technology would be beneficial
Lucasfilm is a global leader in film, television and digital entertainment production. In addition to its motion-picture and television production, the company's activities include visual effects, audio post-production and cutting-edge digital animation, interactive entertainment software, and the management of the global merchandising activities for its entertainment properties including the legendary STAR WARS and INDIANA JONES franchises. Lucasfilm Ltd. is headquartered in northern California.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Lucasfilm Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business we call Lucasfilm.
Lucasfilm Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.