DevOps Engineer II
San Francisco, California, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 792254BR Location San Francisco, California, United States Business Lucasfilm Date posted Nov. 11, 2021
Lucasfilm’s Advanced Development Group is looking for a DevOps Engineer II to join our team to support our internal clients, ILMxLAB, Lucasfilm’s Immersive Entertainment division best known for Vader Immortal and Tales from the Galaxy’s Edge, and the ILM Virtual Art Department (VAD) for creating TV and movie content using ILM’s StageCraft platform.
As a DevOps Engineer II you will help develop, integrate and maintain core systems that customize the Unreal Engine and deploy it for use on several Lucasfilm projects.
- As part of the DevOps team, implement a self-service continuous build, release and deployment infrastructure for one of the most well-known brands in the world.
- Administer our TeamCity server and troubleshoot build failures with engineering teams.
- Create new infrastructure for ILMxLAB and VAD projects using Terraform and Ansible to launch services on AWS.
- Automate the integration process of new Unreal versions into internal forks customized by Lucasfilm engineers.
- Generalize our continuous pipeline for use across a wide range of platforms.
- Work with the global delivery teams across Lucasfilm and The Walt Disney Company
- Special projects as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- 3 - 5 years of experience in the games or VFX industries.
- 2+ years of experience coding with Python, Kotlin, C#, C++ or other high-level language.
- 2+ years of experience with building, releasing, and deploying Unreal Engine-based projects.
- 2+ years of experience administering TeamCity, Jenkins, or an equivalent CI system.
- Passion for DevOps including but not limited to build, release, deployment, and system automation.
- Passion for immersive media such as virtual, augmented and mixed reality.
- Passion for the Star Wars Universe.
- Flexibility to handle a variety of tasks.
- Excellent communication skills, able to work as part of a team.
- Self-motivated individual with excellent problem-solving skills.
- Ability to quickly learn and then implement new techniques.
- Experience with Git or Perforce.
- Experience with Ansible or an equivalent configuration management tool.
- Experience with Windows automation (Batch, Powershell, etc).
- Experience with AWS or an equivalent cloud service provider.
- Experience with Terraform.
- Experience with C++ and the Unreal Engine codebase.
- Experience programming for VR along with 3D math skills (linear algebra, vector math).
- Experience building for mobile, consoles, Linux, or high-end PC.
Lucasfilm is a global leader in film, television and digital entertainment production. In addition to its motion-picture and television production, the company's activities include visual effects, audio post-production and cutting-edge digital animation, interactive entertainment software, and the management of the global merchandising activities for its entertainment properties including the legendary STAR WARS and INDIANA JONES franchises. Lucasfilm Ltd. is headquartered in northern California.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Lucasfilm Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Lucasfilm.
Lucasfilm Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.