Already applied?View Dashboard
Digital ProducerApply Now Apply Later Job ID 524875BR Location San Francisco, California, United States Business Media Networks Brand Disney ABC Television Group Date posted Feb. 09, 2018
Job Summary:Job Opening: Digital Producer (Full-Time) Date Posted 2/9/18
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
KGO-TV/ABC7 in the Bay Area is looking for a dynamic, self-starting, tech-savvy Digital Producer to join our team. The Digital Producer (Full-Time) reports directly to the Director of Digital Strategy & Operations and works with all departments to produce content across ABC7's multiple platforms.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Publishing daily and breaking news stories
- Producing and editing videos and other types of content
- Posting to all of ABC7's digital platforms including website, app, and social media.
- Has a strong interest in both local and national news and information
- Has solid news judgment and an understanding of journalism standards and practices
- Is an efficient multitasker that is able to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven role
- Is comfortable in a high-pressure content creation environment
- Is an excellent communicator and effective troubleshooter with a positive attitude
- Applicant must possess strong writing and copy-editing skills and be able to write compelling copy quickly and accurately, without grammatical or factual errors. All applicants will be given timed writing tests which include story, headline and social media writing.
- Strong computer and typing skills; knowledge of basic HTML; familiarity with basic image and video editing tools
- At least three years' experience working in a digital content environment.
- Journalism degree preferred
NOTE: This position will require working night, weekend, and holiday shifts. We are a 24/7 operation, so digital producers must be flexible and willing to work any day or shift, as needed.
Please log onto: www.disneycareers.com and search for Requisition ID# 524875BR (Digital Producer), ABC Owned Television Station (KGO-TV); create a candidate profile and upload your resume. You must also send a cover letter and two writing samples to be considered for the position.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
The Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
About Disney ABC Television Group:
Disney/ABC Television Group (DATG) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, DATG offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, DATG includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with KGO Television, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Disney ABC Television Group.
KGO Television, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.