Director Engineering, Risk
San Francisco, California, United States; New York, New York, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 774040BR Location San Francisco, California, United States; New York, New York, United States Business Disney Streaming Services Date posted Feb. 24, 2021
Job Summary:Disney Streaming Services (DSS) is looking for the Director of Engineering to lead the strategy, technical vision and roadmap for Payment Security and Fraud. In this role you will drive the critical success strategy for securing valuable payment information for our millions of customers globally as well as mitigating risk by building solutions to identify, prevent and catch payment fraud. This is a new role where you will have an opportunity to define the technical vision, build a team and execute against the vision. This role is highly cross functional in nature and requires working with Product, Information Security, Data, Analytics, Business Operations, Finance and various other functions across the company.
- Partner closely with Product and Information Security counterparts to define Disney Streaming’s strategy for Payment Security and Fraud management on a global scale
- Manage and deliver on the technical vision and roadmap based on the strategy defined
- Critically evaluate and build integration to 3rd party vendors in this domain to deliver on our overall mission
- Lead, grow, and develop a talented engineering organization through effective hiring, mentoring, coaching, succession planning, and retention strategies for key talent in a highly competitive environment
- Build and manage a world-class team of managers and engineers
- Measure and improve the efficiency and effectiveness of processes that are working well and build the next level of improvements
- 10+ years of experience in software engineering
- 5+ years of experience managing large engineering teams
- Expertise in payment security or payments fraud, risk management and general ecommerce is required
- Ability to think strategically and execute tactically in a continuously evolving payment security and fraud domain
- Ability to set and drive big picture strategy while providing detailed technical and strategic guidance to the team and enabling them to execute more effectively and deliver solutions on time
- Demonstrable ability to influence without authority, excellent communication and leadership skills
- Ability to build effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Experience leading engineering teams which build and operate systems at high scale on a global footprint
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, related field, or equivalent practical experience
About Disney Streaming Services:
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Our core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location. We serve consumers by bringing the world’s most beloved characters, timeless stories, legendary athletes, and epic sporting events to global audiences through best-in-class direct-to-consumer video services. We strive daily to imaginatively challenge convention with innovative technology that gives consumers the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.