Director, Lifecycle MarketingApply NowApply Later Job ID 829767BR Location San Francisco, California, United States; New York, New York, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Aug. 17, 2021
You will partner with Paid, Operations, Data and Finance teams and collaborate on a long-term content vision & strategy for our multiple brand offerings and drive all of our multi-channel, owned & operated initiatives. You’ll understand our audiences inside and out and be confident setting streaming goals and know how to resource, organize and coach a team to achieve aggressive growth at scale.
As a results-driven, data-informed organization, your digital background will help all team members identify new opportunities and build programs that build the activation funnels, engagement experiences, and reactivation strategies across all brands. The ideal candidate will have experience in other performance marketing channels such as SEM, Display, Paid Social in order to bring an understanding of how marketing channels complement one another for effective cross-channel marketing campaigns that drive the highest efficiencies.
In your background, you’ve possessed the creative ability to develop a standout voice, imagine new creative approaches, and bring attention to messaging that builds customer relationships. You’ll also closely assess and monitor the competition for brand-defining advantages in lifecycle, and delight in recommendations that build differentiation. You bring a high bar for content creation, writing ability, and editorial planning and proven expertise putting a content plan into action across many channels.
You’ll partner with product and operations leadership to develop optimization loops for executing all of our off-platform communications. You will have successfully developed, maintained, and optimized email, mobile and other performance marketing campaigns with a scaled team of marketers. You will continually build on growth through the development of repeatable, scalable processes and frameworks. This role will also require an experienced leader who is able to identify new sources of customer acquisition through emerging platforms, partners, and channels.
- Oversee, develop and manage all content marketing campaigns across the subscribers lifecycle leveraging email and push messaging channels
- Lead, coach, and develop a team of exceptional marketers to ensure creating a strong subscriber relationship and achieving intended goals.
- Supervise the development of a unified content marketing calendar, driving messaging and creative guidelines for ESPN+, Disney Bundle and Disney+ lifecycle campaigns to increase subscriber growth for all of North America.
- Be the point of contact for collaboration, insights sharing and global alignment with regional leads in APAC, EMEA and LATAM
- Oversee and optimize multiple lifecycle marketing teams to create comprehensive initiatives and scale of new programs.
- Drive strategic insight to activate subscribers and develop early content adoption habits that increase retention curves.
- Work closely with Martech, Analytics, and Operations to create new use cases, develop processes, grow reach, and establish baseline measurement to drive measurable and impactful messaging programs
- Collaborate and coalesce design, editorial and creative resources across The Walt Disney Company, that includes a close partnership with ESPN Marketing, Disney Theatrical Marketing, and teams within Disney Streaming Services while ensuring clear, concise messaging to subscribers
- Minimum Qualifications 12+ years of in-house marketing experience 7+ years of experience managing a high-performance marketing team. Must have broad and deep experience in lifecycle marketing and other data-driven marketing channels.
- Experience working with and contributing to the integration and/or development of CRM systems. Familiarity with the broad lifecycle marketing ecosystem of 3rd party providers.
- Exceptional organizational skills and manage accountability well across multiple work streams and resource plan for team growth
- Track record with scaled data systems, collaborating with analytics partners, and synthesizing data for executive audiences
- Demonstrated success collaborating across a global organization, and partnering with people who are experts in their fields
- Track record of creating outstanding content marketing and customer campaigns that drive feature adoption and product usage
- Ownership mindset and ability to work independently against goals
- Strong communicator, both written and verbal, and able influencer who can succeed in a matrix organization
- Demonstrated ability to articulate a vision and motivate, inspire and challenge a high-performing team to achieve that vision
- Bachelor degree in a related field
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.