Director of Product, Application Quality of Experience and LifecycleApply NowApply Later Job ID 897463BR Location San Francisco, California, United States / New York, New York, United States Business Disney Streaming Date posted Apr. 03, 2022
As the Director of Product Management, Application Quality of Experience and Lifecycle, you will work closely with counterparts in engineering, design, and data analytics to ensure our suite of streaming apps fulfill business, technical, and consumer priorities. You will define a product roadmap that ensures consumers have the best possible experience in terms of performance and reliability.
You and your team will have a primary role in defining the right thresholds for app performance, reliability, and device reach. You will leave no stone unturned to ensure that the reason a viewer chose to watch something else was not based on app performance or reliability.
The ideal candidate is highly analytical, resourceful, team-oriented, and will have an ability to work independently under time constraints to meet deadlines. You have a proven track record in taking on end-to-end ownership and successfully delivering results in a fast-paced and dynamic business environment. The ideal candidate makes data-driven decisions, obsesses about the customer, forms strong yet loosely held opinions, and can build trust with all areas of the business. We value passionate product leadership that drives with discipline and attention to detail.
Experience negotiating and influencing device partners is required.
- Work with business, product, and engineering stakeholders to establish and manage app quality and reliability.
- Partner with Disney Streaming Services UX and engineering teams to identify new product and process opportunities to drive the best possible experience for viewers, within the constraints of devices, consumer environments, and available technology.
- Take a data-driven approach to constantly improve app performance, reliability, and maintainability.
- You will devise measurement and reporting frameworks and processes to communicate status to neighbors and stakeholders, as appropriate to each.
- Collaborate with engineering teams to translate product requirements into actionable stories using an Agile product development process
- Work with device partners to influence their roadmaps to support our app excellence goals.
- 10+ years of experience in product management in one or more aspects of streaming application delivery.
- Demonstrated success leading a team in achieving ambitious short, medium and long-term goals.
- Extensive experience developing video products across living room platforms in addition to Apple, Android and other IOT devices.
- Strong leadership skills, with the ability to prioritize well and communicate clearly across all levels of the organization with a proven ability to influence and engage senior executives.
- A demonstrated ability to use data to inform and drive decisions and back up assumptions and recommendations.
- A strong understanding of common QoE metrics and their use in a product context.
- You provide strong strategic aptitude, clear thinking and communicating, and great decision making.
- You obsess about making customers happy and have strong opinions about good customer experience.
- A strong attention to detail, with an ability to take a step back and understand the bigger picture.
- You have a demonstrated ability to work with engineering teams to discuss technical concepts, make tradeoffs to remove roadblocks, and evaluate new ideas.
- Strong ability to influence and negotiate roadmaps with external partners and vendors.
About Disney Streaming:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Streaming.
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.