Already applied?View Dashboard
Director of Product Marketing, Consumer InsightsApply Now Apply Later Job ID 711319BR Location San Francisco, California, United States Business Disney Streaming Services Date posted Oct. 16, 2019
We serve consumers by bringing the world’s most beloved characters, timeless stories, legendary athletes, and epic sporting events to global audiences through best-in-class direct-to-consumer video services. We strive daily to imaginatively challenge convention with innovative technology that gives consumers the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
Product Marketing is a highly cross-functional role at Disney, partnering closely with Product, Demand, Lifecycle, Brand, Partner Sales, and Communications to name a few. Different from many other Product Marketing teams, our team works with teams across the entire product lifecycle, from helping shape the product, to driving launch and commercialization, to support growing product adoption post-launch. We are looking for a creative, analytical, collaborative Director, Consumer Insights to join our team.
- Serve as a visionary for connecting the Disney+ brand with our consumers via market analysis, business intelligence, and insights. Capitalize on a rare opportunity to develop a function from the ground up that drives critical decision making.
- Build and evolve a clear view of the Disney+ consumer and market opportunity through internal and external data, and home-grown analytics
- Apply business/industry knowledge to make feasible and brand-driving recommendations
- Lead the development and execution of accurate quantitative research design, analysis, reporting and presentation delivery. Own timelines, deliverables and regular, proactive communication of this insight.
- Partner with Finance, Product, Product Marketers, and Lifecycle Marketers to deliver functional project insight and solutions.
- Create Market Research/Consumer Insights roadmap to facilitate analysis and insight delivery to functions across the organization
- Identify best research/data vendors via appropriate screening process. Manage 3rd party data usage, budgets, contracts and relationships to ensure efficiency and relevance.
- Perform seasonal and categorical macro and micro trend analysis and deliver reports, dashboards across org to enable decision making for multiple groups
- Manage operational aspects of this function, including calendar management, budget management, vendor management and goals
- Strong strategic mindset with passion for the industry and analysis
- 8+ years’ experience leading research and/or insight projects
- Experience with external/syndicated data collection and analysis. Skilled in usage of analytical tools and data manipulation.
- Ecommerce or membership/subscription understanding with an understanding of the consumer and industry landscape
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to think creatively when analyzing and presenting data to inspire key stakeholders
- Exceptional analytical, communication and presentation skills along with the ability to effectively influence via cross-functional partnerships, collaborations, and relationship building. Ability to comfortably communicate with and present to executive/C-level team members
- Ability to collect and digest diverse data sets and clearly translate them into cohesive and clear stories within presentation decks, documents and emails
- Independent, strategic, and creative self-starter who is willing to take on additional responsibilities as necessary and think outside the box
- Comfortable working in fast-paced and evolving environment
About Disney Streaming Services:
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service; the upcoming Disney subscription video service; and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Our core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location. We serve consumers by bringing the world’s most beloved characters, timeless stories, legendary athletes, and epic sporting events to global audiences through best-in-class direct-to-consumer video services. We strive daily to imaginatively challenge convention with innovative technology that gives consumers the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.