Director Product Management - Internal Tools
San Francisco, California, United States; New York, New York, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 777881BR Location San Francisco, California, United States; New York, New York, United States Business Disney Streaming Services Date posted Apr. 27, 2021
Job Summary:Disney Streaming Services is changing entertainment. Our mission is to create the best viewing experiences and to push the envelope of what’s possible across the full range of devices from phones to televisions. It’s an incredibly exciting time to work in streaming media, and to work specifically on Disney+, still in its first year. The design team has a pivotal role in the development of the product, giving form to new ideas that continuously improve our guest experience.
We are looking for a design leader for the team designing the tools that operate Disney+, Hulu, and Star+. We believe that powerful and well-designed tools do more than make our work easier. They change how we think about what’s possible. The conversation shifts from, “How can we do this?” to “What else can we do?” The mission of this design team is to make our company smarter, faster and better able to serve our customers.
- Create an atmosphere of trust, empathy and a growth mindset to foster psychological safety, connection and collaboration.
- The mentorship, coaching and professional development of the team, including managers and practitioners at all levels.
- Represent the team, and its design strategies, to stakeholders across the org, including experience engaging with executives up to the CEO.
- Drive the business value of design by measuring and reporting design-specific outcomes for the full program.
- Collaborate with cross-functional peers in Product and Engineering to steer the larger enterprise tools program roadmap.
- Lead and manage team members in different locations & time-zones.
- Recruit and develop the talent needed to achieve the program goals.
- You have developed executive presence, inspiring confidence from your team and peers.
- Strategic planning responsibilities that have broad impact inside and outside of their own team
- You are a mature & polished presenter able to integrate storytelling into your communication.
- You have a deep analytical mindset to leverage for short term and long term goals.
- You have a fearless, execution oriented mindset - with the humility, drive, and scrappiness to get it done, but the eye and heart to make sure it's something users love.
- You've debated different designs, and learned the times you've been both right and wrong when put in front of actual users.
- You love and care for the craft of designing and building great UI and UX
- You can't wait for the opportunity to shape design philosophy, tools, operations and discipline on a high impact design team.
- You are a passionate designer yourself.
- You would be a great fit on the team we already have and bring a strong portfolio and enterprise product experience.
- You work quickly and know how to inspire a team to design for quality while moving fast.
- You set and keep the bar very high.
- As a leader in the company, you care about building the processes to drive design through the full product and engineering teams to deliver best-in-class user experiences.
- 10+ years of design experience building enterprise or SAAS products.
- 5+ years of experience managing and developing diverse design teams.
About Disney Streaming Services:
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Our core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location. We serve consumers by bringing the world’s most beloved characters, timeless stories, legendary athletes, and epic sporting events to global audiences through best-in-class direct-to-consumer video services. We strive daily to imaginatively challenge convention with innovative technology that gives consumers the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.