Director, Product Management
San Francisco, California, United States; New York, New York, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 846223BR Location San Francisco, California, United States; New York, New York, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Nov. 11, 2021
Job Summary:The Director, Product Management will lead the Fulfillment Product Management team, responsible for the systems that management the fulfillment of licensing deals from ordering through final delivery to a sales client. This role will have strategic and product oversight over the process and underlying systems that enable this work and will manage a team of product managers to build and maintain these systems.
They should be someone who is methodical and detail-oriented but can simultaneously think critically and creatively about the larger picture. They will be self-motivated and enjoy managing teams but also be able to collaborate successfully with a wide variety of partners across business functions.
- Collaborate with leaders across Content Platforms
- Ensure that the Fulfillment process seamlessly fits within the overall supply chain
- Work with both internal partners within The Walt Disney Company who are recipients of content delivered by Content Platforms and external vendors who manage content creation on The Walt Disney Company’s behalf
- 10+ years of product management experience
- 5+ years of team management experience
- Demonstrated experience collaborating with other executives across a variety of specialties
- Ability to operate effectively in a team oriented and collaborative environment
- Experience with Agile product development
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to work cross organizationally
- Adept at synthesizing and presenting data in a digestible manner to diverse audiences
- Process-driven and extremely detail-oriented
- Strong interest in digital media and/or digital supply chains
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.