Already applied?View Dashboard
Disney Store: Loss Prevention Associate (PT)Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 518756BR Location San Francisco, California, United States Business Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media Brand Disney Store Date posted Jan. 11, 2018
Job Summary:The Disney Store retail chain, which debuted in 1987, is owned and operated by Disney in North America, Europe, and Japan. Disney Store is the retail merchandising arm of Disney Consumer Products, the business segment of The Walt Disney Company (NYSE:DIS) and its affiliates that extends the Disney brand to merchandise. Disney Store carries high-quality products, including exclusive product lines that support and promote Disney's key entertainment initiatives and characters. Disney Store opened its first store in Glendale, California and, in doing so, originated the themed retail business model. There are currently more than 200 Disney Store locations in North America; more than 40 Disney Store locations in Japan; and more than 100 Disney Store locations in Belgium, Denmark, France, Ireland, Italy, Portugal, Spain and the United Kingdom , plus online stores www.DisneyStore.com, www.disneystore.co.uk, www.disneystore.fr and www.disneystore.de. Each Disney Store location offers a magical shopping experience that can only be delivered by Disney, one of the world's largest and most successful entertainment companies. For more information, please visit www.disneyconsumerproducts.com/press/us/disneystore or follow us at www.facebook.com/DisneyStore and www.twitter.com/DisneyStore.
Responsibilities:The Loss Prevention Cast Member supports the Store Leadership Team by participating in the day-to-day operations of the Store ensuring that the Guests, both internal and external, have “The Best Retail Experience in the World”. This is done through consistent exceptional Guest Experience, ensuring a safe environment, and compliance with established policies and procedures. This is a part-time, non-exempt position.Engages Guests of all ages allowing them to experience the Disney stories in a new and creative way
- Spends the majority of time Onstage engaging with Guests, acting as a proactive theft deterrent while monitoring entrances/exits and high theft areas in the Store
- Assists Store Leadership Team and/or Guests in response to Electronic Article Surveillance (EAS) activations
- Deters, responds to and communicates issues of civil unrest/disturbance
- Facilitates the training and proper use of the EAS equipment as applicable; monitors equipment to validate functionality
- Interacts with Mall Security and Local Law Enforcement as appropriate
- Supports initiatives that give back and have a positive impact on the internal (Store) community and the external community
- Completes daily perimeter checks of the Store to identify potential physical security risks
- Works in a way that is fair, honest and trustworthy by being a role model
- Complies with all SOPs to protect Company assets and to comply with policies and procedures, federal, state/provincial and local employment laws
- Works with Loss Prevention Area/Sr. Representative on prosecution decisions
- Interacts with Law Enforcement and courts as required during the prosecution process
- Upholds all company policies as outlined in the Standard Operating Procedures, Employee Policy Manual and Code of Business Conduct
- Ability to prioritize Guests and tasks
- Attention to detail
- Demonstrated time management and organizational skills
- Demonstrated success in working in a team environment
- Job may require lifting boxes that weigh up to 40 pounds and climbing a ladder
- Must maintain a professional appearance and adhere to Disney Store grooming Guidelines
- Must be available a minimum of two (2) days during the week and open availability on Saturday and Sunday. Able to work a flexible schedule that meets the needs of the business, including overnights, evenings, holidays, weekends and call-in shifts
- Minimum level of six months Loss Prevention/Security experience within a retail environment
- Has a thorough understanding of Loss Prevention and Security procedures, regulations and practices. Has an understanding of basic Safety practices and proc
- High School Diploma or equivalent
Additional Information:This position is with Disney Store United States, LLC. This position is with Disney Store Puerto Rico, LLC
About Disney Store:
Disney store, which debuted in 1987, carries high-quality products, including exclusive product lines that support and promote Disney’s key entertainment initiatives and characters from Disney, Pixar, Star Wars and Marvel. shopDisney.com is the ecommerce destination for guests of all ages, offering a curated selection of the best product from Disney store, Disney Consumer Products licensees, global collections and collaborations, and Disney Parks and Resorts, including trend fashion and accessories, toys, home and collectibles. Disney store and shopDisney offer magical shopping experiences that can only be delivered by Disney, one of the world’s largest and most successful entertainment companies. There are currently more than 240 Disney store locations in North America; more than 40 Disney store locations in Japan; two locations in Shanghai, China including a flagship; and more than 70 Disney store locations in Denmark, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Portugal, Spain, and the United Kingdom.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Store USA, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Store.
Disney Store USA, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.