Already applied?View Dashboard
Enterprise Portfolio ManagerApply Now Apply Later Job ID 694047BR Location San Francisco, California, United States Business Disney Streaming Services Date posted Aug. 29, 2019
The Enterprise Portfolio Manager for Disney Streaming Services is an integral part of our company’s future. This role is responsible for our company’s work stream, helping build a team to work with all Engineering and Product groups to accurately define deliverables or features of the projects in the Enterprise Portfolio. The Enterprise Portfolio Manager will oversee the process working to capture and define the work the company does and report on that accordingly. In addition to this, we are a multi-faceted team, working quickly and iteratively. This is a collaborative role working with Technical Finance, Engineering and Enterprise Program Management Teams to provide a holistic picture of our company.
- Display initiative and take a proactive approach at finding ways to remove barriers to move a project forward
- Work with company leadership to prioritize business and information needs
- Facilitate the definition of the scope, delivery teams, and dependencies for new capabilities that have been requested
- Provide guidance to Engineering Leadership to better align their work to the company’s business goals
- Aid in the scheduling, planning and communication of the Enterprise Roadmap
- Ability to synthesize large amounts of data to make strategic recommendations and the ability to see gaps and improve accuracy of data-driven decision making
- Locate and define new process improvement opportunities
- Manage large cross-functional teams, complex high-profile projects, and are viewed as the as the “go-to” individual for the enterprise portfolio
- Adherent to all departmental processes and make suggestions for change when necessary. Able to work closely with multiple teams to maximizing efficiency by helping to drive process and strategy focused on high value delivery. You are constantly evaluating process and seeking for ways to improve at every iteration, making suggestions for improvement.
- An expert at holding meetings and have perfected the necessary skills:
- Ability to recognize the need for project meetings with various functional groups, and invites/ensures all necessary personnel are represented.
- Provide meeting context/background and sets goals.
- Communicate tasks, action items, and their actors.
- Take clear and concise meeting notes and properly distribute them.
- Understand and contribute to the agreed upon project process and is able to execute.
- Facilitate and solidify project process by creating, managing, and updating documentation.
- Promote team synergy among project team members, and foster transparent communication.
- Are a developed negotiator, and are able to identify a solution path for multiple/various competing requirements and stakeholder preferences. You are influential in your negotiations, and are able to negotiate for your desired outcome.
- Demonstrate product knowledge, and facilitate the development of requirements in consideration of known technical capabilities and limitations.
- Continue to hone skills where needed, are actively engaged in the community through, conferences, industry trends, and best practices, and leverage new information to constantly improve performance.
- Are able to fluidly and successfully adapt, navigate, and influence organizational politics
- You are obsessed with the delivery of quality software, regardless of the challenges.
- You are well-established in Project or Program Management, having 5 or more years of Project or Program Management experience in the Software industry.
- You are comfortably able to manage large scope / high complexity verticals without direct supervision.
- You have in-depth knowledge and experience executing both Agile software development methodologies.
- You possess the proven ability to run a project through the entire SDLC, and are well educated in its intricacies.
- You are professional and communicate well to internal and external stakeholders (clients & business owners).
- You are comfortable dealing with high-level executives, technical staff and business leads
- You have developed essential soft skills vital to the Project Manager role, including: Meeting Leadership, Communication, Teamwork, Collaboration, Flexibility, Problem Solving, Critical Thinking, & Conflict Resolution
- You are passionate about your career, and take strong ownership of the initiatives you manage.
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) certification and practices all associated ceremonies
- Experience in enterprise system tooling (SAP, Clarizen, JIRA, Confluence or the equivalent)
- Previous work experience in Tableau, Looker or an equivalent data visualization software.
- BA or BS or equivalent experience demonstrating a strong understanding of software development and infrastructure.
About Disney Streaming Services:
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service; the upcoming Disney subscription video service; and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Our core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location. We serve consumers by bringing the world’s most beloved characters, timeless stories, legendary athletes, and epic sporting events to global audiences through best-in-class direct-to-consumer video services. We strive daily to imaginatively challenge convention with innovative technology that gives consumers the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.