Executive Assistant, CTO - Disney StreamingApply NowApply Later Job ID 958824BR Location San Francisco, California, United States / Los Angeles, California, United States Business Disney Streaming Date posted May 08, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
Disney Streaming Services is a business unit within The Walt Disney DMED segment that oversees all consumer-facing digital video subscription services across the company. Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally.
Our Executive Assistants are highly-respected because their skills are quite simply essential. You’d be a key member of a dynamic, fast-paced team and would work with some of the most creative, intelligent people in the business. Join us – apply today!
This position supports the Chief Technology Officer of Disney Streaming Services.
Responsibilities:You would be responsible for the day-to-day workings of the leader you support. The Executive Assistant completes a wide variety of administrative tasks for the CTO, including managing an extremely active calendar; completing expense reports; composing and preparing confidential communications; arranging complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas; taking precise meeting minutes, and identifying and following-up on action items, managing scheduling conflicts, and keeping the CTO and their schedule on track.
The relationship you form with the executive you support is critical because that’s what enables you to become a true partner. In addition to understanding your executive’s business -- and business needs -- inside and out, you’ll also need deep knowledge of the leadership and workings of Disney Streaming Services and related departments across the Disney enterprise. As the “face” of your executive(s) within The Walt Disney Company, your professionalism, loyalty, and attitude reflect the office and are a key component to its success.
Every day as an Executive Assistant is different! On any given day, you might:
- Interface directly with other senior executives and their support teams – your ability to work well with people on all levels is an essential part of your job
- Review your leader’s schedule to build-in time for things like thinking and traveling to their next meeting; create a multi-city travel itinerary, taking into account time zones, weather delays, traffic, and fatigue levels
- Understand the day’s priorities so you can be strategic about how you direct communications
- Ensure facilities and resources are reliably in place for individual and group meetings
- Calmly manage time-sensitive changes in logistics, containing any tensions that arise and coordinating the impacted dependencies
- Handle extremely confidential, sensitive information, remembering that Disney is a publicly-traded company
- Drafting communications on behalf of the leaders within the executive team
- Assist with on-boarding new employees – you’ll be the “friendly face” that new hires count on to answer all their questions
- Process large purchase orders and vendor contracts
- Mentor and train less experienced support professionals in the critical skills they will need to be successful at Disney
- Plan large, high-profile events, product launches, off-sites, and team-building activities
- Be continuously up to date with industry news and events related to the team mission such that you are a valuable source of timely intelligence
- Conduct research, fact-check existing work, and prepare regular reports and summaries – you’ll have tasks that you “own” completely and will provide regular assistance to others
Basic Qualifications:Here’s what you will need to be successful in this role:
- At least 7 years supporting a senior level executive (CTO/SVP/Vice President) and/or equivalent combination of experience
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
- Desire and excitement to immerse yourself fully and learn all aspects of the business
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize deadlines/deliverables
- Strong proficiency with all types of computers, phones, and office equipment, as well as mastery of Microsoft Office programs, SAP, Confluence, Concur, and working in a Windows environment
- A calm head and steady hand to deal with the unexpected
- “EQ” skills to build bridges, forge alliances and encourage people to want to work with you
- Demonstrated experience handling extremely confidential information and cultivating a culture that respects privacy and confidentiality
- Desire to truly be helpful to your leaders and co-workers, to go the extra mile without being asked
- Flexibility to handle rare out-of-hours escalations when necessary - this is a 24/7 global business after all
- Solid organizational skills and extreme attention to detail
- A highly professional demeanor, positive outlook, and a can-do attitude
- Confidence and rigor when interacting with top and senior-level executives and their offices
- Career goals to materially grow your skills and scope within the organization
- Experience at a Media Entertainment and/or fast pace technology organization
- Experience working in a large public corporation
- Bachelor’s degree
This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
About Disney Streaming:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Streaming.
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.