Already applied?View Dashboard
Executive Assistant San Francisco, CAApply Now Apply Later Job ID oPejafwg Location San Francisco, California, United States Business Industrial Light & Magic Date posted Jun. 14, 2019
Industrial Light & Magic has a fantastic opportunity for a self-driven Executive Assistant to support key members of the ILM Executive team who interact with directors, producers, studio executives and other high level talent throughout the entertainment industry. This position is a perfect fit for someone who excels in a fast-paced, dynamic, and team-oriented environment.
Primary ResponsibilitiesOrganized, Energetic, Positive Attitude & Resourceful are keywords for the Executive Assistant. On any given day, you might:
- Create various production reports by gathering information from global production teams
- Maintain and distribute up-to-date internal project delivery information
- Research projects and people in the film and VFX market and provide summarized information
- Create additional reports as needed
- Support two or more Executives in:
- heavy calendar scheduling and management
- answers, prioritizes and screens the incoming phone calls, voicemail, mail and correspondence.
- prioritize email, mail and/or meeting requests, obtaining all key information, and make appropriate recommendations regarding action and follow-up.
- travel scheduling and coordination
- coordinate document signatures, copying and dissemination
- prepare expense reports
- various administrative tasks as needed
- Update and maintain confidential files and databases
- Coordinate on-site visitors including entering into visitor kiosk and escorting
- Prepare conference rooms for set up including A/V technology needs
- Order, buy, pick-up food, drink and catering as needed
- Coordinate workplace service and IT needs
- Assist with various event planning and coordination
- Assist with various mailings and gifts
- Proactively assists with all general administrative functions as needed/requested.
- Provide back-up support to other Executive Assistants as needed
- Special projects as needed on an on-going basis as assigned
Education / Experience
- College degree, or equivalent
- Minimum of 5 to 7 years as an administrative assistant is required
- Three + years experience as an executive assistant in an entertainment environment preferable
Required Skills / Competencies
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal. Ability to effectively and efficiently communicate with all levels of executive, management and staff.
- Demonstrated professionalism and ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality.
- Proven ability to successfully handle a high level of client interaction.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and tasks with a high level of detail and accuracy.
- Excellent organizational and follow through skills.
- Highly computer literate. Must be proficient with the following software; MS Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook.
- Demonstrated ability to partner with others and build relationships.
- Ability to work well and prioritize in a fast paced multi-project environment.
- Must work well under pressure.
- Ability to work overtime on an ongoing basis.
- Ability to lift heavy items up to 25 lbs.
- Ability to travel if requested.
About Industrial Light & Magic:
Founded in 1975 by George Lucas, ILM is the leading effects facility in the world, serving the motion picture, commercial production, and attraction industries. ILM has created visual effects for over 325 feature films and has played a key role in seven of the top 10 worldwide box-office hits of all time and has contributed to 25 of the top 50. ILM has set the standard for visual effects, creating some of the most stunning images in the history of film. At the forefront of the digital revolution, the company continues to break new ground in visual effects, VR, AR, and Immersive Cinema.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic.
Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.