Financial AnalystApply NowApply Later Job ID 815506BR Location San Francisco, California, United States Business Lucasfilm Date posted Jul. 06, 2021
We are looking for a Financial Analyst who reflects the innovative spirit, creative talent, production excellence, collaborative mindset and passion for great filmmaking that define Lucasfilm.
Are you someone who likes to understand financials and the business from the bottom up? Do you enjoy a mix of structure and variety in your day?
The Financial Analyst role provides an interesting combination of detailed accounting and financial planning responsibilities. You would be responsible for preparing journal entries while also participating in the forecasting and budgeting processes. This individual will work closely with the Finance team on a daily basis and will be in constant communication with our operational teams to address their dynamic needs, develop insightful financial analyses to support decision-making, and provide accurate reporting.
If you enjoy working closely with finance professionals and operational department heads to ensure the accuracy of our project tracking and budget reporting, you’ve come to the right place! We are looking for a detailed, analytical problem solver who enjoys juggling multiple responsibilities to join our team.
- Actively participate in the recurring forecast, Annual Operating Plan, and Long Range Plan, including data entry into TM1, budget reconciliations, and preparation of schedules and deliverables
- Partner with operational department heads to build and review budgets, analyzing areas for potential savings
- Reconcile and summarize project data from multiple sources
- Coordinate with Lucasfilm and Disney counterparts to ensure a timely quarter end close and submission of deliverables
- Research and document variances between forecast and actual results
- Prepare journal entries and reconciliations with the appropriate supporting documentation
- Assist in detailed review of accounts payable invoices, ensuring accuracy and completeness of data and appropriate controls in place
- Coordinate third party rebilling with Disney Studio accounting by collecting and reconciling project data within SAP and preparing invoice requests
- Work closely with counterparts at Disney to gather and provide financial information and analysis
- Support cost center managers with the purchasing process by providing coding, interfacing with Disney Procurement and monitoring goods receipts
- Provide assistance in resolving inquiries for assigned functional areas
- Support efforts for process improvements
- Perform special projects and ad-hoc analyses as needed
- Detail oriented with strong analytical skills
- Ability to multi-task
- A self-motivated problem-solver with a strong desire to contribute to the team and Company’s success
- Desire to work seamlessly within a strong team in a fast-paced, unpredictable, ambiguous environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Maturity to handle confidential information
- Minimum 1 to 3 years' experience in a broad accounting or finance role
- Experience with major ERP accounting systems (SAP, Oracle, etc.) and cloud-based productivity software (e.g., Google Workspace, Zoom, DocuSign, etc.) a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel; experience with TM1 a plus
- Comfortable with light desktop self-support (set up workstation/monitors, peripherals, etc.)
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, or related field required
Lucasfilm is a global leader in film, television and digital entertainment production. In addition to its motion-picture and television production, the company's activities include visual effects, audio post-production and cutting-edge digital animation, interactive entertainment software, and the management of the global merchandising activities for its entertainment properties including the legendary STAR WARS and INDIANA JONES franchises. Lucasfilm Ltd. is headquartered in northern California.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Lucasfilm Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Lucasfilm.
Lucasfilm Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.