Global Image Production Engineer San Francisco, CA
San Francisco, CA - USApply Now Apply Later
Job ID ozF2bfwb Location San Francisco, California, United States Business Industrial Light & Magic Date posted Jan. 30, 2020
As we grow the ILM Global teams, we are seeking an Image Process Engineer to join the San Francisco team and be a part of this exciting opportunity. Knowledge and culture flow freely between the company’s five studios (San Francisco, London, Singapore, Vancouver and Sydney) and the global team shares tools and workflow allowing for seamless collaboration on all shared projects.
The Image Process Engineer will be responsible for the design, development, enhancement and maintenance of the image and colour processing pipeline from acquisition all the way through to final presentation and deliverable creation. This position develops and supports processes for displaying and delivering visual effects and original elements.
The position will require a proactive approach to setting image standards at the beginning of the project and will ensure that standards and practices are observed throughout the lifespan of the show. You will analyze and implement advanced technologies in support of image processing systems, and ensure that the technical quality and integrity of the images rendered throughout the production pipeline are of the highest standard. You are a team player with a strong global multi-site mindset.
- Help design, develop and support a fully colour-managed pipeline and subsequent workflows across the entire visual effects pipeline at all of the ILM studio locations (San Francisco, London, Singapore, Vancouver and Sydney)
- Work with the core Colour and Imaging team to integrate the colour management workflow and processes into all of ILM’s sub-pipelines and tools, including both proprietary and off the shelf software
- Pipeline complexity ranges from writing simple shell scripts to large scale software development projects
- Help develop and enhance colour image processing technologies to meet studio needs
Education / Experience:
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or equivalent industry experience.
- Computer programming and scripting experience with C++, Python, etc.
Required Skills / Competencies:
- Excellent communication, presentation and negotiation skills
- Ability to interface with major clients, industry vendors and internal stakeholders
- Capacity for engaging globally across ILM and implementing technology developments accordingly
- Ability to take on responsibility, ownership, decision making and strategic leadership
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic. Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.undefined
About Industrial Light & Magic:
Founded in 1975 by George Lucas, ILM is the leading effects facility in the world, serving the motion picture, commercial production, and attraction industries. ILM has created visual effects for over 325 feature films and has played a key role in seven of the top 10 worldwide box-office hits of all time and has contributed to 25 of the top 50. ILM has set the standard for visual effects, creating some of the most stunning images in the history of film. At the forefront of the digital revolution, the company continues to break new ground in visual effects, VR, AR, and Immersive Cinema.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Industrial Light & Magic, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic.
Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.