ILM Core Pipeline Software Engineering Intern - Summer 2020
San Francisco, CA - USApply Now Apply Later
Job ID 733777BR Location San Francisco, California, United States Business Lucasfilm,Industrial Light & Magic Date posted 18/12/2019
Job Summary:The Core Pipeline department at ILM is responsible for creating and supporting many of the pipeline infrastructure services used by other developers within the company. This includes our render farm management software, data synchronization services, media creation pipeline and storage backup & archival systems.
- Develop systems to improve the monitoring of critical production services and tools.
- Implement UIs to improve production/artist workflows.
- Create APIs to provide common and centralized access to core services that work across global ILM studios.
- Contribute to daily operational tasks, including support, general troubleshooting and bug fixes.
- Proven knowledge and experience with Linux.
- Prior Python programming experience. Experience developing distributed systems a plus.
- Working knowledge of one or more Python-based web frameworks; Django, Flask, etc. or ReactJS based web frameworks.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required. Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively interact with diverse personalities.
- Strong time management skills; Ability to multitask and prioritize.
- Proven ability to work autonomously and in team settings with a positive, proactive attitude.
- Familiarity with film and video post production and/or computer graphics techniques highly desired.
- Working knowledge of various data store technologies, such as MySQL, PostgreSQL or redis.
- Working knowledge of virtualization, containerization such as VMWare, Docker, Mesos, Kubernetes
- Working knowledge of deployment tools such as Ansible and CI tools such as Jenkins.
Required EducationSophomore, Junior, Senior, Graduate Level student or recent graduate (within 6 months of graduating) pursuing a Bachelor's or Master's Degree from an accredited college or university in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems or related field.
Additional Information:Internship Eligibility:
- Must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within 6 months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program· Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must be available to work full-time from May/June 2020 - August/September 2020.
- Must provide full work availability
- Must provide own transportation to/from work
- Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
Lucasfilm is a global leader in film, television and digital entertainment production. In addition to its motion-picture and television production, the company's activities include visual effects, audio post-production and cutting-edge digital animation, interactive entertainment software, and the management of the global merchandising activities for its entertainment properties including the legendary STAR WARS and INDIANA JONES franchises. Lucasfilm Ltd. is headquartered in northern California.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Lucasfilm, which is part of a business segment we call Lucasfilm.
Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.