Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
ILM Media Systems Engineering Intern, San Francisco - Summer 2019Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 618521BR Location San Francisco, California, United States Business Lucasfilm,Industrial Light & Magic Date posted Jan. 15, 2019
Job Summary:The department of Physical and Post-Production Technology is responsible for a wide array of technologies across Industrial Light & Magic, Lucasfilm and various other Walt Disney groups.
These responsibilities include front and back end support for dailies theaters, master control, editorial suites and motion capture stages, as well as the design and implementation of these spaces and supporting infrastructure.
As we are constantly chasing rapid changes in technology, PPT is also involved in the research and design of technologies that push the envelope in the film and visual effects industry.
Responsibilities:The intern would be working alongside our media systems engineers to complete projects and upgrades such as:
- War Room build outs (production pods/dailies conference rooms)
- Editorial suite upgrades (hardware, software, infrastructure)
- View Room upgrades (dailies theaters responsible for approving visual effect shots)
The intern will also learn about:
- Video and audio fundamentals
- System fundamentals and design
- Infrastructure fundamentals and design
- Strong understanding and experience with professional and consumer Audio/Video signal flow.
- Familiarity and experience troubleshooting and maintaining Windows, OS X and Linux operating systems.
- Able to quickly diagnose or escalate system level problems during client sessions.
- Experience in entry level computer scripting preferred in Python.
- Wiring, equipment installation and cable management skills.
- Understanding of basic computer networking principals.
- Interest in the film and visual effects industry
- Interest in audio and video engineering
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively interact with diverse personalities
- Proven ability to work autonomously and in team settings with a positive, pro-active attitude
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Sophomore, Junior or Senior undergraduate student or recent graduate (within 6 months of graduation) pursuing a Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university in Computer Science, Computer/Electrical Engineering, Information Systems or related field.
Additional Information:Internship Eligibility:
- Must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within the past 6 months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must provide full work availability
- Must provide own transportation to/from work
- Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
The approximate dates of this internship are May/June 2019 - August/September 2019. Interns must be available to work full-time for the duration of the internship.
Lucasfilm is a global leader in film, television and digital entertainment production. In addition to its motion-picture and television production, the company's activities include visual effects, audio post-production and cutting-edge digital animation, interactive entertainment software, and the management of the global merchandising activities for its entertainment properties including the legendary STAR WARS and INDIANA JONES franchises. Lucasfilm Ltd. is headquartered in northern California.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company, Ltd Payroll Services, which is part of a business segment we call Lucasfilm.
Lucasfilm Entertainment Company, Ltd Payroll Services is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.