ILMxLAB Associate Experience Designer (Level/Content Designer) San Francisco, CAApply NowApply Later Job ID orUbdfwt Location San Francisco, California, United States Business ILMxLAB Date posted Aug. 01, 2020
*Remote Work Option Available for the rest of 2020, with potential to relocate Bay Area where this role will eventually be based*
The Associate Experience Designer is a key member of the Game Design team. This designer will be solving problems associated with implementation of assets into our games. Ideal candidates are comfortable with the more technical aspects of game design and are analytical thinkers.
You will partner with our world-class art and creative teams to ensure assets are integrated seamlessly in the engine and adhere to our quality and performance benchmarks.
We are looking for a designer who reflects the innovative spirit, creative talent, production excellence, collaborative mindset, and passion for great storytelling that define ILM and ILMxLAB.
What You'll Do
- Collaborate with a multidisciplinary development team to advance the state of real-time rendered immersive experiences.
- Work with artists to ensure assets, data, and other content are integrated into the build while ensuring quality, performance, and stability
- Manage & track content-related deliverables
- Follow design reference and interpret / optimize for experience
- Diagnose and fix any and all issues related to asset or data configuration
- Playtest and provide regular feedback to optimize workflow or improve on our experiences
- Collaborate in development of breakdowns, task lists, and estimates with leads as necessary; participate in project stand-ups, meetings, and reviews.
What We're Looking For
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in entertainment design, game design, interaction design, new media design, related field or equivalent experience.
- At least one year of professional experience as a game/level designer, asset/content integrator, or equivalent experience
- Ability to work independently and efficiently under tight deadlines
- Works well with direction, but is also self-motivated and will seek out solutions to unexpected problems
- Previous, professional experience working with game engines, using scripting tools to orchestrate events, systems, and implementing work into the pipeline
- Proficient with at least one game engine: Unreal Engine, Unity, or equivalent
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic. Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
The pioneering spirit that inspired storytellers and technical artists to improvise, innovate and imagine a galaxy far, far away is built into the DNA of ILMxLAB – the new laboratory for immersive entertainment. The combined talents of Lucasfilm, Industrial Light & Magic and Skywalker Sound are reinventing the way stories are told and experienced, connecting artists with their audiences like never before.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call ILMxLAB.
Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.