ILMxLAB Environment Art External Partner Manager San Francisco, CAApply NowApply Later Job ID o7E4cfwL Location San Francisco, California, United States Business ILMxLAB Date posted Jul. 15, 2020
*Remote Work Option Available for the rest of 2020, with potential to relocate Bay Area where this role will eventually be based*
The Environment Art External Partner Manager is responsible for the interaction between ILMxLAB and our environment art external vendors. This includes working with internal teams to successfully coordinate batches of content to be outsourced, interacting with production/management for approvals, and interactions with third-party groups to successfully deliver all requested content on time, to required quality levels, and within budget.
You will be the gatekeeper for our external environment art vendor work and will apply your artistic eye to ensure deliveries are of the highest quality possible. You will collaborate with Art disciplines to develop guidelines and packets for our vendors to follow, and you will work closely with Production to ensure that everything is delivered in an appropriate timeline. You will be the driving force behind improvements to these workflows and the first line of contact with the environment art vendor relationship.
We are looking for a leader who reflects the innovative spirit, creative talent, production excellence, collaborative mindset, and passion for great storytelling that define ILM and ILMxLAB.
On any given day, you might
- Partner with the art and production teams to reach their goals for content delivery
- Conduct regular reviews and send feedback on the art and technical quality of vendor submissions.
- Be the key point of contact between our vendors and internal environment art/production teams.
- Partner with the environment art lead ensuring briefs for our vendors are created and delivered.
- Train vendors on our best practices and unblock their workflow issues.
- Ensure the vendors are hitting their performance targets by conducting necessary reviews on deliveries.
- Communicate clear, constructive feedback to vendors as issues arise.
- Identify risks associated with meeting project milestones.
- Be solution oriented and work with others to drive process improvements.
Skills and experience you need to be successful in this role
- Experience of writing asset briefs and reviewing outsourced assets.
- Experience working with international partners in an outsourcing capacity.
- Strong communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Experience driving relationships with internal and external stakeholders while successfully delivering content within budget and time.
- Ability to work with the project teams on performing make or buy analysis
- 2+ years of experience in game art asset creation in different software packages including Maya, Zbrush, Substance and Photoshop
- Nice to haves:
- Previous experience with Unreal is a big plus!
- Knowledge of the procurement process, (contract types and why/when to use each, etc.)
- Experience with creating project schedules and velocity/burndown reports
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic. Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.undefined
About Industrial Light & Magic:
Founded in 1975 by George Lucas, ILM is the leading effects facility in the world, serving the motion picture, commercial production, and attraction industries. ILM has created visual effects for over 325 feature films and has played a key role in seven of the top 10 worldwide box-office hits of all time and has contributed to 25 of the top 50. ILM has set the standard for visual effects, creating some of the most stunning images in the history of film. At the forefront of the digital revolution, the company continues to break new ground in visual effects, VR, AR, and Immersive Cinema.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic.
Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.