ILMxLAB Manager, Marketing 2 LocationsApply NowApply Later Job ID oqjuefwb Location San Francisco, California, United States Business Industrial Light & Magic Date posted Jan. 22, 2021
This position has the flexibility to be in Los Angeles or San Francisco.
From a galaxy far, far away to other globally-beloved universes, ILMxLAB’s body of work spans multiple award-winning experiences in virtual reality, mixed reality, and more.
The Manager, Marketing will be an integral part of the core team at Lucasfilm’s immersive entertainment studio. Your role will report to the Senior Manager, Marketing + Publicity, and have one direct report, driving all marketing efforts for our campaigns across a curated collection of immersive entertainment experiences at an award-winning studio.
We are looking for a Manager, Marketing who reflects the innovative spirit, collaborative mindset and passion for great storytelling that defines ILMxLAB.
What you'll do
- Plan, execute, measure, and track all integrated and revenue-generating marketing campaigns from pre-production through post-launch.
- Facilitate product marketing needs such as product positioning, competitive analyses, SWOT analyses, product copy and title names, and more.
- Drive asset creation process for trailers, key art, logos, and more, with the ability to manage both the technical and creative processes end to end to high-quality materials.
- Partner with internal production and creative teams for generation of in house asset plans, generating budget requirements, and pitching to external partners for funding.
- Collaborate with internal production/development teams to ensure the marketing campaign and associated elements stay on track with the creative and schedule.
- Manage internal calendars and calendar inputs across the company, to ensure proper stakeholder visibility into key marketing brats.
- Formulate and track KPIs for marketing campaigns and brand efforts.
- Work closely and collaboratively with ILMxLAB marketing/PR team to execute tightly integrated consumer-facing beats.
- Manage layered approval processes with major film studios, external partners, and other internal stakeholders.
- Deal with highly confidential information and people in a tactful manner, including executives and talent.
- Handle all partner marketing campaigns relevant to ILMxLAB brand and project slate, providing creative feedback and managing internal approvals with multiple stakeholders.
- Lead campaign-related marketing conversations/meetings internally and externally, driving forward business as needed and developing presentations where relevant.
- Help shepherd studio branding and strategy.
- Support social media posts and campaigns, graphics, website, and other digital opportunities.
What we're looking for
- 4 - 6+ years entertainment-focused experience, with proven experience creating and managing marketing campaigns, is mandatory. Major IP experience is a plus.
- Hands-on experience with asset production (trailers, artwork, etc.) is very desirable; candidate will need to translate high-level marketing goals into production realities, translating strategy into actionable workflows to ensure efficiencies and high-quality asset production.
- Video editorial skills are also a plus.
- Familiarity or experience with immersive platforms (VR, MR/AR, LBE, etc.) very desirable.
- A collaborative, can-do spirit is key, with the intent of finding solutions rather than dwelling too long on problems.
- Attention to detail plus a creative, strategic and responsible nature desirable.
- Exemplary presentation, written and verbal communication skills a must.
- Must be able to handle sensitive information and VIPs with discretion and tact.
- Proven success with tracking a high volume of competing and shifting priorities, sometimes on a daily basis.
- Proficiency with G Suite, Keynote, and other common software is required.
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic. Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
About Industrial Light & Magic:
Founded in 1975 by George Lucas, ILM is the leading effects facility in the world, serving the motion picture, commercial production, and attraction industries. ILM has created visual effects for over 325 feature films and has played a key role in seven of the top 10 worldwide box-office hits of all time and has contributed to 25 of the top 50. ILM has set the standard for visual effects, creating some of the most stunning images in the history of film. At the forefront of the digital revolution, the company continues to break new ground in visual effects, VR, AR, and Immersive Cinema.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic.