ILMxLAB Manager, Studio OperationsApply NowApply Later Job ID 7081593320220424 Location San Francisco, California, United States Business Industrial Light & Magic Date posted Aug. 05, 2022 Flex Type On-Site
- This role is considered on-site, which means the employee will work from a Company designated location on an ongoing basis.
The Manager, Studio Operations owns various aspects of studio operations management and facilitates ILMxLAB’s operational activities and initiatives. Reporting to the Director, Production, this role oversees daily studio operations activities and implements overall operations strategies and procedures.
What You'll Do
- Establish policies that promote ILMxLAB Global Studio’s culture and vision, and lead employees to maximize productivity and engagement. Lead communication around departmental changes and updates, drive strategy on team events and celebrations/recognition.
- Serve as point person for ILMxLAB operations strategy and decision-making, including owning operations budgeting/spending and space/equipment planning that support ILMxLAB’s business plan and global capacity forecasts. Lead business continuity planning and transition to new hybrid work environment/campus re-entry.
- Own ILMxLAB’s new hire onboarding program, collaborate with support departments (HR, IT, etc. ) to execute on onboarding plans. Responsible for clear and accurate documentation.
- Facilitates continuous feedback cycle through implementation of project mid- and post-mortems, end-of-project and annual performance review processes, and overall studio health and morale surveys.
- Facilitate talent development initiatives, such as: L&D programs (e.g. technical training, etc.), speaker series, conference representation, speaking engagements, etc. by collaborating with talent management, department supervisors, human resources, marketing/publicity, etc.
- Develop and oversee execution of ILMxLAB’s diversity and inclusion (D&I) initiatives (in support of Lucasfilm/Disney goals) including: outreach & educational partnerships, talent development, studio D&I best practices, etc.
- Manage, mentor and develop junior production and operations staff. Own ILMxLAB’s internship programs.
- Represent and nourish studio culture through thoughtful, transparent and focused leadership.
- Handle special project assignments when opportunities arise (ex. leadership retreat, dev jam, etc..
What We're Looking For
- 5+ years in a management role in business or production operations, preferably in entertainment and/or content technology-related industries.
- Advanced project management skills, ideally with experience in different frameworks (Agile, waterfall, etc.)
- Understanding of the interactive/immersive media development process and pipeline.
- Demonstrated ability to multitask while maintaining a high-level of organization and detail orientation in a fluid production environment with rapidly evolving resource needs.
- Advanced diplomacy skills needed to mediate competing priorities across multiple stakeholders and managing expectations across various dynamic personalities
- Strong leadership skills, including building relationships, gaining trust, managing expectations, and resolving and preempting conflicts.
- Strong written and verbal presentation skills.
- Able to work independently and as a team player
- Effective communicator (written and verbal), strong work ethic, and positive attitude while routinely exercising sound judgement
- Ability to use discretion with sensitive company information
- Strong aptitude for technology and ability to learn new software
About Industrial Light & Magic:
Founded in 1975 by George Lucas, ILM is the leading effects facility in the world, serving the motion picture, commercial production, and attraction industries. ILM has created visual effects for over 325 feature films and has played a key role in seven of the top 10 worldwide box-office hits of all time and has contributed to 25 of the top 50. ILM has set the standard for visual effects, creating some of the most stunning images in the history of film. At the forefront of the digital revolution, the company continues to break new ground in visual effects, VR, AR, and Immersive Cinema.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Lucasfilm Ent Co Ltd, LLC Payroll Svc, which is part of a business we call Industrial Light & Magic.
Lucasfilm Ent Co Ltd, LLC Payroll Svc is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.