ILMxLAB Production AssistantApply NowApply Later NOTE: We have a new application system, please create a new account if you have not done so yet when applying. Job ID 10001170 Location San Francisco, California, United States Business Industrial Light & Magic Date posted Jul. 08, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid Preferred, Remote Possible
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely. A remote opportunity may be possible for qualified candidates under certain circumstances and, if granted, the employee would work remotely on an ongoing basis.
We are looking for a supportive and proactive team member who reflects the innovative spirit, creative talent, production excellence, collaborative mindset and passion for great storytelling that defines ILMxLAB.
Production Assistants provide overall administrative and project management support to the production team at ILMxLAB.
What You'll Do
- Lead daily production activities such as stand-ups/scrum, assist in production tasks and errands, and be the go-to person for general needs of the crew
- Schedule internal and external meetings (off-sites, conference calls, Cinesyncs, etc.); book resources and acquire materials for meetings; work to assemble attendees for a timely start of meetings; monitor department calendar and mitigate schedule conflicts
- Set up space and equipment for meetings and reviews; troubleshoot conference room/review station issues to ensure timely start and smooth operation during meeting/review
- Handle physical and digital deliveries of project files, equipment and information; record and track all delivery details
- Ensures reference files are organized and saved in proper locations with proper naming conventions on the network; maintains online file repositories (box.com, Google Drive, etc.)
- Keep project task boards and tracking databases updated under the guidance of the Production Manager/Production Coordinator
- Partner with the Production Coordinator and other production team members with note taking, distributing project information, and project research/information gathering
- Create and maintain various production documents, including department intranet pages, onboarding documents, training/how-to manuals, crew/client/vendor contact lists, etc.
- Liaise to the Art Department to order physical prints of artwork when needed
- Organize production travel and complete expense reports. Handle purchase requests as needed and general support/requests for projects and xLAB studio
- Maintain ILMxLAB space and equipment inventory in functioning order. Work with other departments to obtain help and resources as needed
What We're Looking For
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- At least one year of professional production experience in Games, Software Development, Feature Animation, Visual FX, Animated Television, or applicable entertainment industries
- Excellent communication skills (written, oral, and in-person)
- Experience with JIRA, Shotgrid, or equivalent task/bug/issue tracking software
- Strong organizational and computer skills
- Excellent time management with the ability to troubleshoot and solve problems
- Ability to anticipate issues or concerns
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment, juggling multiple projects, while meeting hard deadlines
- Must be willing to work adjusted hours when necessary
- Professional demeanor and ability to interact with employees at all levels of the company
- Must have the ability to juggle multiple projects, work with diverse personalities and work within strict deadlines
- Attention to detail, follow through and strong communication skills
- Bonus points for:
- Experience or interest in the creation of Virtual Reality and Augmented/Mixed Reality experiences
- Passion for playing and making games
About Industrial Light & Magic:
Founded in 1975 by George Lucas, ILM is the leading effects facility in the world, serving the motion picture, commercial production, and attraction industries. ILM has created visual effects for over 325 feature films and has played a key role in seven of the top 10 worldwide box-office hits of all time and has contributed to 25 of the top 50. ILM has set the standard for visual effects, creating some of the most stunning images in the history of film. At the forefront of the digital revolution, the company continues to break new ground in visual effects, VR, AR, and Immersive Cinema.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Lucasfilm Ent Co Ltd, LLC Payroll Svc, which is part of a business we call Industrial Light & Magic.
Lucasfilm Ent Co Ltd, LLC Payroll Svc is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.