ILMxLAB Production Coordinator - Expression of InterestApply NowApply Later Job ID 10001179 Location San Francisco, California, United States Business Industrial Light & Magic Date posted Jan. 06, 2023
This posting is an opportunity to submit your resume for future consideration; this is not a role that is open at this time. We anticipate this role may be open in the future, but we are not actively hiring for the position. If you would like to be considered for this potential role, please submit your resume. If the role becomes available, you may receive an email or call from a recruiter.
Production Coordinators (“PCs”) are responsible for scheduling, communication and coordination for a specific number of active projects. PCs work under project’s Producer and Production Manager, and work cross-functionally with leads and peers in disciplines across the project(s) and departments across the company.
We are looking for a supportive and proactive team member who reflects the innovative spirit, creative talent, production excellence, team-based mindset and passion for great storytelling that defines ILMxLAB.
What You'll Do
- Work closely with your department(s) supervisors and/or leads in crewing, casting and scheduling your team’s body of work, keeping in mind the overall project schedule, milestones, and other pertinent considerations; work closely with the Production Manager to help create resource allocation plans for your team(s)
- Establish a process for communicating deadlines, assignments, and priorities to your department(s), as well as the entire project team at a regular cadence; create and distribute weekly reports on your department(s) accomplishments and next steps; anticipate and communicate issues/risks with leadership to reach solutions in a timely manner
- Act as the primary point person for organizing reviews/meetings for your department(s); take notes regarding feedback and decisions made and communicate changes to those whose work may be impacted; follow-up on action items and issues that result from reviews/meetings.
- Manage inter-departmental dependencies through assessing the impact of changes in the production schedule and/or scope of work as they affect the upstream and downstream departments; proactively propose and implement solutions to schedule conflicts
- Serve as a key communication liaison for all parties relevant to your work; provide updates, priorities, schedule information, and statuses of work at any given moment.
- Schedule, track, and manage assigned work within the company’s tracking systems and ensure that information is kept current Evaluate the overall workload of your department(s) daily
- Ensure work is on schedule for each department and is meeting internal and external deadlines; check in with your team members regularly regarding their workloads, targets, needs, etc.
- Technical ability required to set up and operate hardware & software (including VR headsets, AR devices, etc.) for reviewing work and product demonstrations
- If coordinating work with third-party partners or vendors, establish collaboration workflows that fits the needs of your department(s) and overall project team
- Supervise, delegate to, and train assigned Production Assistant(s)
- Provide hands-on support to project team members, including prioritization and escalation of technical issues, file management & delivery, etc.
- Perform special projects as needed
What We're Looking For
- Bachelor's degree in Film, Game Development, Animation or related field, or equivalent work experience
- 3 years professional experience in CGI production
- Experience scheduling projects with complex task relationships, and demonstrated understanding of animation/VFX and/or video games production workflows and terminology
- Ability to problem-solve, balance priorities and multi-task efficiently within a fast-paced, deadline-oriented, creative environment which requires adaptability and flexibility
- Attention to detail, consistent follow through and strong communication skills
- Ability to communicate clearly across departments, exhibiting exceptional skills in diplomacy, flexibility and patience
- Ability to motivate and empower teams, foster collaboration and communicate effectively with team members of all levels while displaying team leadership skills
- Excellent time and resource management skills with the ability to self-motivate and meet deliverables while working independently
- Experience with project planning tools such as MS Project or Smartsheet, and task management tools such as JIRA, Asana, etc.
- Bonus points for:
- Experience or interest in the creation of AR/VR/Mixed Reality experiences
- Professional experience in both CG animation/VFX and real-time/interactive production
- Professional experience with both agile and waterfall project management methodologies
The hiring range for this position in San Francisco is $57,500 to $71,900 per year. The base pay actually offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate’s geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. A bonus and/or long-term incentive units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.
About Industrial Light & Magic:
Founded in 1975 by George Lucas, ILM is the leading effects facility in the world, serving the motion picture, commercial production, and attraction industries. ILM has created visual effects for over 325 feature films and has played a key role in seven of the top 10 worldwide box-office hits of all time and has contributed to 25 of the top 50. ILM has set the standard for visual effects, creating some of the most stunning images in the history of film. At the forefront of the digital revolution, the company continues to break new ground in visual effects, VR, AR, and Immersive Cinema.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Lucasfilm Ent Co Ltd, LLC Payroll Svc, which is part of a business we call Industrial Light & Magic.
Lucasfilm Ent Co Ltd, LLC Payroll Svc is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.