Already applied?View Dashboard
ILMxLAB Production Resource Manager San Francisco, CAApply Now Apply Later Job ID oqkYafwC Location San Francisco, California, United States Business ILMxLAB Date posted Sep. 07, 2019
From a galaxy far, far away to other globally-beloved universes, ILMxLAB’s body of work spans multiple award-winning experiences in virtual reality, mixed reality, and more. The team is looking for candidates who are interested in creating the next generation of storytelling for the premium immersive entertainment space powered by real-time graphics.
The ILMxLAB team is on a mission to bring the future of entertainment into the here and now. This spectacular fusion of high end graphics and immersive storytelling means creating unparalleled real-time worlds that exponentially raise the bar for consumer experiences. Making a movie or a game is challenging in its own right, but we hope to continue to push beyond any of those confines. That’s literally why we come to work: It is our great fortune to be standing at this crossroads - unconstrained by a specific title or universe - in a collaborative, highly creative, and highly technical work environment.. We are looking for talented and driven creative technologists, artists and designers to join us. Have a look at the description below. If it sounds like you, send us your stuff!
The role of the Production Resource Manager will ensure that all projects in the ILMxLAB portfolio have the creative, technical and production management talent it needs to meet or exceed its goals. We’re looking for someone to have a high impact on the quality of ILMxLAB’s experiences and continually find creative solutions for talent resource needs and issues. The Resource Manager will partner with department supervisors and Producers to ensure that talent is leveraged in the most advantageous way, and that all staffing needs on each project are met without negatively impacting the other projects in the portfolio.
- Responsible for fulfilling staffing needs across all projects in the ILMxLAB portfolio, with a constant eye on optimizing resource utilization (split assignments, resource leveling, under-utilization, etc) and ensuring that near-term resource changes work within the overall capacity plans created by Sr. Manager
- Run weekly resource meeting and devise/facilitate solutions for unexpected resource needs/issues that arise. Maintain timely and accurate tracking and reporting on changes to resource plans
- Keep current on each project’s staffing plan and production schedule in order to foresee potential issues; having several alternate plans at all times to preempt or mitigate issues or conflicts
- Have a deep understanding of each crew member’s skills, experience, growth plan, style in order to devise creative solutions for talent resource needs/issues that arise
- Primary representative of ILMxLAB in liaising with other departments/divisions on talent sharing
- Collaborate closely with Production Management and Project Leads to adapt project schedules/plans in order to accommodate resource changes
- Own the creation and implementation of ‘technical’ training plans for all disciplines by partnering with discipline supervisors to determine training needed to meet talent development goals (vertical growth and cross-functional) and to maximize resource utilization and efficiency, collaborate with ILM STG to implement training.
- Facilitate onboarding of new third-party production partners, including facilitating through security & IT process, setting up general workflow that will work for all projects and be scalable; tracking/reporting information related to 3PPs
- Lead project mid- and post-mortem meetings; communicate feedback to show and studio leadership, lead the development and implementation of plans to solve production issues
- Partner with Discipline Supervisors to solve staffing issues. Support Discipline Supervisors in annual review process by facilitating all activities (gathering feedback from project leadership teams, etc.)
Education / Experience
- 5+ years in a production, project management or other similar role in videogames and/or interactive media production
- Preferred prior experience in a production or project manager role is a plus
Required Skills / Competencies
- Deep understanding of each discipline in the games/interactive development process, and the process as a whole from ideation through final delivery.
- Demonstrated ability to multitask while maintaining a high-level of organization and detail orientation in a fluid production environment with rapidly evolving resource needs.
- Advanced diplomacy skills needed to mediate competing priorities across multiple stakeholders and managing expectations across various dynamic personalities
- Strong leadership skills, including interpersonal/building relationships, gaining trust, managing expectations, and resolving and preempting conflicts.
- Strong written and verbal presentation skills.
The pioneering spirit that inspired storytellers and technical artists to improvise, innovate and imagine a galaxy far, far away is built into the DNA of ILMxLAB – the new laboratory for immersive entertainment. The combined talents of Lucasfilm, Industrial Light & Magic and Skywalker Sound are reinventing the way stories are told and experienced, connecting artists with their audiences like never before.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call ILMxLAB.
Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.