ILMxLAB QA Analyst (Project) San Francisco, CAApply NowApply Later Job ID oTSndfw5 Location San Francisco, California, United States Business ILMxLAB Date posted Aug. 29, 2020
*Remote Work Option Available*
The QA Analyst is responsible for ensuring the highest quality of our immersive experiences by implementing test plans, executing test cases and scripts, and tracking/documenting software and product features and flaws.
We are looking for a motivated individual who reflects the innovative spirit, creative talent, production excellence, collaborative mindset and passion for great storytelling that define ILM & ILMxLAB.
What you'll do
- Performing build verification testing; regression testing; and general testing for quality & performance.
- Working directly with the game development teams.
- Assisting in the refinement and improvements of testing procedures and test plans.
- Providing assistance to managers and leads on game-play and game-balance analysis.
- Identifying and reporting quality assurance and testing issues and defects.
- Testing and verifying quality of software and internal tools.
What we're looking for
- 2+ years experience as a QA Analyst / Senior Level Games Tester in the games industry or similar field.
- Ability to follow rigorous quality assurance processes.
- Thorough understanding of the importance of QA and testing.
- Ability to analyze or develop processes and suggest improvements effectively.
- Familiarity with JIRA or equivalent bug/issue tracking software tools.
- Industry experience in production, QA, or software development.
- PC, Console (PlayStation, XBOX, etc.) and AR/VR industry games experience.
- Familiarity with various Operating Systems, hardware platforms, and development tools.
- Previous experience with Unreal Engine 4 is a plus.
- Self-motivated and able to work autonomously with minimal supervision while still maintaining productivity.
- Clear and effective oral and written communication skills.
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic. Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
About Industrial Light & Magic:
Founded in 1975 by George Lucas, ILM is the leading effects facility in the world, serving the motion picture, commercial production, and attraction industries. ILM has created visual effects for over 325 feature films and has played a key role in seven of the top 10 worldwide box-office hits of all time and has contributed to 25 of the top 50. ILM has set the standard for visual effects, creating some of the most stunning images in the history of film. At the forefront of the digital revolution, the company continues to break new ground in visual effects, VR, AR, and Immersive Cinema.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic.
Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.