Already applied?View Dashboard
IT Operations Internship, Lucasfilm - Summer 2018Apply Now Job ID 499760BR Location San Francisco, California, United States Business Studio Entertainment Brand Lucasfilm Date posted 12/05/2017
As an IT Operations Intern, you would:Apply Now
- Assist Department in ensuring production technology is ready for Feature Production. Intern(s) would help with testing new products and technology used by our feature production group as part of a larger project team.
- Work with various technology departments to audit infrastructure, plus assist in deploying new systems and servers. Assist in ensuring technology refresh cycle projects are completed.
- Assist in Data Center Operational Tasks, including network wiring, system upgrades and refreshes.
- Contribute to operational improvements within the team, such as developing scripts to solve task related problems and reviewing existing services and reporting on findings to team leads.
- Build / test / deploy desktop systems (Windows and Mac)
- Contribute to daily operational tasks, including inventory, ticket management and general troubleshooting.
- Assist as needed with work in data center, including racking systems, patching and inventory control
- Proven knowledge and experience with Windows and Mac operating Systems.
- Programming and scripting experience, particularly Java or Python a plus.
- Knowledge with Linux Distributions a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required. Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively interact with diverse personalities.
- Strong time management skills; Ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Proven ability to work autonomously and in team settings.
- Familiarity with film and video postproduction and/or computer graphics techniques highly desired.
- Database knowledge preferred.
- Pursuing a degree in Information Technology, Management Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field.
Additional InformationProgram Eligibility
- At least 18 years of age
- Unrestricted work authorization
- Available from May - August 2018 or June-September 2018
- Ability to provide own relocation, housing and transportation. Position is located in San Francisco, CA.
- Enrolled in an undergraduate program at a college/university taking at least one class in the semester prior to participation in the internship program, or recently graduated within six months at time of application