Already applied?View Dashboard
Junior Creature Technical Director San Francisco, CAApply Now Apply Later Job ID o8I89fwR Location San Francisco, California, United States Business Industrial Light & Magic Date posted May. 21, 2019
A Jr. Creature TD is responsible for developing and maintaining tools to support specific show needs as well as facility needs. Takes direction from the show Creature TD Supervisor to troubleshoot pipeline issues, support CTDs by assisting in shot work, maintaining set-ups, and rigging non-hero assets.
- Offers day-to-day show support for CTDs & Animators under guidance of CTD Lead or Supervisor
- Design show-specific tools to increase efficiency of CTDs/Animators
- Troubleshoot creature pipeline issues for artists in other disciplines
- Analysis and optimization of rigs/sim set-ups
- Entry level shot work and rigging
- Create and maintain documentation for show-specific processes
- Assist show supervisor with vendor quality control/prep
Education / Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Graphics, Computer Science, or related degree or equivalent experience
- 1+ years experience
Required Skills / Competencies
- Experience with Maya rigging and enveloping is required
- Experience with python required
Preferred Skills / Competencies
- Experience refining templates, rig kits, and reusable sim set-ups
- Proficiency with Linux
- Maya API programming a plus
**A reel or screen shots demonstrating tool design, rigging, user interface design, and technical ability is required for this role.**
About Industrial Light & Magic:
Founded in 1975 by George Lucas, ILM is the leading effects facility in the world, serving the motion picture, commercial production, and attraction industries. ILM has created visual effects for over 325 feature films and has played a key role in seven of the top 10 worldwide box-office hits of all time and has contributed to 25 of the top 50. ILM has set the standard for visual effects, creating some of the most stunning images in the history of film. At the forefront of the digital revolution, the company continues to break new ground in visual effects, VR, AR, and Immersive Cinema.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic.
Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.