Junior Generalist San Francisco, CAApply NowApply Later Job ID o6nudfwU Location San Francisco, California, United States Business Industrial Light & Magic Date posted Sep. 15, 2020
We are looking for an artist who reflects the creative talent and passion for great filmmaking that define ILM.
Junior Generalists learn how to use a variety of software packages to create photo-real environments and elements. They have a strong foundation in photo-realistic, traditional, or digital art skills with an emphasis on landscapes.
What you'll do
- Produce entry level shot work, including simple sequence-based lighting/rendering tasks, rendering env map/360 spheres, basic model and texture tweaks and HDRI environment map stitching and organization
- Communicate shot status to Production and Supervisor and follow through on specific artistic direction
- Attend dailies
- Check files and scenes from outsource vendors for consistency
- Write documentation of processes and workflows
- Tune renders for shot efficiency
- Work with the show/department Tech lead to test software
- Update and organize Generalist-specific libraries
What we're looking for
- You have a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Graphics, Fine Arts, Design or Photography or related or you have gained that experience by working in our industry.
- You have a proven ability in one or more CG techniques, including modeling, texturing, shading, lighting, look development, matte painting or compositing.
- Strong artistic skills
- Exhibits strong teamwork, excellent communication and interdisciplinary thinking.
- Demonstrated interest in and ability to quickly pick up new software.
- Some entry-level understanding in some or all of these software packages: Photoshop, 3dsmax, Maya, Houdini, a ray trace renderer and 2d compositing software. Comparable software experience considered
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic. Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
About Industrial Light & Magic:
Founded in 1975 by George Lucas, ILM is the leading effects facility in the world, serving the motion picture, commercial production, and attraction industries. ILM has created visual effects for over 325 feature films and has played a key role in seven of the top 10 worldwide box-office hits of all time and has contributed to 25 of the top 50. ILM has set the standard for visual effects, creating some of the most stunning images in the history of film. At the forefront of the digital revolution, the company continues to break new ground in visual effects, VR, AR, and Immersive Cinema.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic.
Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.