Junior Motion Graphics Artist San Francisco, CAApply NowApply Later Job ID oHJeefwC Location San Francisco, California, United States Business Industrial Light & Magic Date posted Dec. 18, 2020
The Junior Motion Graphics Artist conceptualizes, designs, develops and executes 2D and 3D motion graphics and animations for internal development projects and client needs. Responsible for creating all elements for HUD animations, titles, and motion explorations.
What You'll Do
- Work with production team (Art Director, VFX Supervisor) to execute the desired look of 2D and 3D projects
- Assist with storyboarding and creative compositions/shot set-up
- Actively participate in concept design, and project meetings
- Meet project deadlines/milestones, as set by project leads, and the production department
- Communicate potential or discovered design and production issues/concerns to the Production Team.
- Perform special projects as assigned
What We're Looking For
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Graphic Design, Drawing, Animation or equivalent artistic background and education required
- 1 to 2 years production experience in computer graphics, animation or video
- Must be proficient in Adobe Illustrator/Photoshop and highly proficient in Adobe After Effects
- Must have excellent design, layout, typography and color theory skills.
- Experience with a 3D package is necessary (Maya, Max, Cinema 4D or Blender)
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic. Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
About Industrial Light & Magic:
Founded in 1975 by George Lucas, ILM is the leading effects facility in the world, serving the motion picture, commercial production, and attraction industries. ILM has created visual effects for over 325 feature films and has played a key role in seven of the top 10 worldwide box-office hits of all time and has contributed to 25 of the top 50. ILM has set the standard for visual effects, creating some of the most stunning images in the history of film. At the forefront of the digital revolution, the company continues to break new ground in visual effects, VR, AR, and Immersive Cinema.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic.
Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.