KGO - Multi-Skilled Presenter/Streaming ProducerApply NowApply Later Job ID 865858BR Location San Francisco, California, United States Business ABC Owned TV Stations Date posted Oct. 25, 2021
The ideal candidate embraces new technology and is excited about producing a segment using multiple sources. You should be the kind of person who thrives in a non-scripted, live digital environment. You will be able to go “on-air” to ad-lib breaking news of all varieties on the live stream. Knowing how a story plays best on our website, in a newscast, on social media and on our streaming channel is also key to succeeding in this role.
You will be a great addition to the ABC7 News team if you are a hard-working, self-starter who is extremely curious and constantly keeps up with local and national news. In addition, you should be a strong multi-tasker who quickly pivots when breaking news happens and works well under deadline pressure. Having a connection to the Bay Area is a bonus.
ABC7 is committed to serving the local community with a mission to help Build a Better Bay Area. We welcome a respected, knowledgeable journalist with high standards and a positive attitude to join our team.
*Please include a link to your demo reel on your resume to be considered for this role*
- Craft daily live reports and taped segments
- Pitch story ideas on a daily basis
- Communicate well with others in the newsroom when producing segments
- Collaborate with digital team members throughout the day
- Write clear and compelling copy
- Execute last-minute changes in high pressure situations
- Minimum of three years experience at a local news station as a reporter, digital producer, or news producer
- Demonstrated ability to work under deadline pressures and work in a rapid, fast-paced environment
- Detail-oriented with strong editorial and production skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be flexible with working hours (nights, overnights, holidays) and adaptable to change
- *Please include a link to your demo reel on your resume to be considered for this role*
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- Bachelor's degree in journalism, communication or related field
Additional Information:KGO-TV is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.
About ABC Owned TV Stations:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with KGO Television, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call ABC Owned TV Stations.
KGO Television, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.