Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
KGO-TV/ABC7 - 7 On Your Side (News Research) Internship - Fall 2019Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 675641BR Location San Francisco, California, United States Business Media Networks Date posted Aug. 13, 2019
Interns at 7 on Your Side get hands-on experience working with a team that produces three consumer news segments each week day, reaching hundreds of thousands of viewers and directly helping the residents of the San Francisco Bay Area. While interns get news production experience, they also learn essential office skills like organization, effective communication, follow-through, and meeting deadlines in a fast-paced environment. Overall, we hope to teach our interns how to find, craft, and distribute good stories while instilling a sense of teamwork and a desire to help those around us.
Responsibilities:Interns will assist in the creation of these segments from ideation to broadcast. Some duties include assisting our staff of Consumer Counselors as they interact with viewers who have consumer-related problems, assisting viewers themselves, reviewing and researching the facts of their cases, and presenting the stories to producers. Interns will also assist on field shoots with producers. Other duties include research for other on-air segments, research for 7OYS projects such as “pop-up” public appearances and our “Finney’s Friday Free Stuff” segment, tracking content performance, and tape logging. Interns may also assist with light administrative work.
Basic Qualifications:Successful interns will have a strong story sense, great attention to detail, the ability to interrogate information and conduct effective research, good organizational and time management skills, and the ability to follow through. They should also be able to work in a fast-paced environment and work effectively with different personality types.
- All candidates must be eligible to work in the US.
- All candidates must be at least 18 years old.
- All candidates must currently be enrolled in an accredited college or university and taking at least one class – OR – be a recent graduate of an accredited college or university within the last six (6) months - OR - be currently participating in the Disney College Program, Disney Culinary Program or Disney Professional Internship Program in order to qualify for this internship.
- All candidates must be able to have a consistent, reliable work schedule throughout the session.
- All candidates must provide their own housing and transportation for the duration of the internship.
- All candidates must be available from September - December
- All candidates must be available to work at least 16 hours/week, up to 20.
- Shifts available are Monday through Sunday, 7:00 am-11:30 pm.
- All candidates must be able to work in the San Francisco office and provide their own housing and transportation for the duration of the internship.
About Media Networks:
The Media Networks segment includes cable and broadcast television networks, television production and distribution operations, publishing, domestic television stations, digital businesses and radio networks and stations.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with KGO Television, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Media Networks.
KGO Television, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.