Lead Big Data Platform Engineer
San Francisco, California, United States; Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 772661BR Location San Francisco, California, United States; Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Feb. 18, 2021
Job Summary:Are you a DevOps guru who is passionate for creating solutions using cutting-edge technologies? Do you excel under pressure? Can you summarize highly complex problems so that others can help you solve them? Does everyone turn to you for answers to tough questions? Do you instrument everything, collect data about data, and look for the correlation in everything? Do you like gathering evidence to base your decisions off of, but can use your gut, intuition and experience to make quick decisions when necessary? If you smile in the face of pressure, can work independently but are also a great team player, we're looking for you!
As a Platform Architect, you will identify, evaluate and provision big data solutions, frameworks and technologies. You will help ensure integrity, security, availability, effectiveness, and efficiency of technology infrastructure, including middleware, networks and communications. You will understand the business, customer & market requirements and apply technical and functional knowledge to solve a wide array of architectural problems. You will help establish and implement frameworks and standards for our entire data organization.
- Shape, implement, and evangelize your big data architectures.
- Build high-efficiency, secure, real-time data pipelines for ingest and processing
- Ensure the architecture supports all functional and non-functional requirements
- Establish and implement frameworks and standards for the data organization
- Help identify, analyze, and resolve infrastructure problems
- Develop and execute test plans to check infrastructure technical development; recommend improvements
- Develop technical content, such as white papers and reference architectures, that can be used by our organization to assist in deploying cloud-based analytics solutions
- Capture and share best-practice knowledge amongst the Big Data and AWS solutions architect community
- Build and maintain technical trusted advisor relationships to influence key technical decision makers on platform choices
- Build and maintain solutions to gather metrics across all our platforms
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology, or related field or equivalent work experience
- 2 to 4 years of relevant IT work experience.
- 3+ years of python work experience
- Leadership experience in large, cross-functional teams, influencing senior-level management and key stakeholders.
- Experience developing platform architectures with one or more big data technologies (such as HDFS, HBase, Spark, NiFi, Kafka, Glue, Lake Formation, MSK, AWS CICD Tools); General understanding of the tradeoffs that come with these technologies, such as when they are appropriate to use, and what it takes to secure and operationalize them.
- Experience designing new or enhancing existing architecture frameworks and implementing them in a cooperative setting.
- Strong conceptual understanding of security at rest and in transit.
- Passionate about delivering platform technologies and features in a team environment even if the team size is 1.
- Demonstrate the ability to quickly ramp on new technologies.
- Troubleshooting skills, ability to determine impacts, ability to resolve complex issues, and ability to exercise sound judgment and initiative in stressful situations.
- Lead and collaborate with Studio DevOps engineers to ensure the platform meet their needs
- Strong oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience with data analytic tools including AWS Glue, EMR, Sagemaker, Hive, Spark, HBase, Zeppelin, etc. General understanding of the tradeoffs that come with these technologies, such as when they are appropriate to use, and what it takes to secure and operationalize them.
- Experience with caching and queueing technologies – Kafka/Kinesis, Rabbitmq/SQS, Redis/Memcache etc.
- Experience with REST APIs, Java and Python (or another, similar, interpreted language)
- Experience working in a Linux environment such as Red Hat, CentOS or Ubuntu
- Production experience with Dev Ops Tools like: Terraform, Chef, Anisle, Docke, Jenkins, AWS CICD tools
- Familiarity with Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence Approaches
- Familiarity with Data Analysis or Statistics, and some data wrangling (programmatically extracting databases, transforming data, modeling it in readable form, etc)
- Experience using with Code Management/CICD tools like GITHub, Jenkins is useful
- Good understanding of Lambda Architecture, along with its advantages and drawbacks
- Experience with integration of data from multiple data sources
- Experience with MlOps
- AWS/Big Data Certifications
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.