Lead Product Designer, In-Service Creative
San Francisco, California, United States; New York, New York, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 825091BR Location San Francisco, California, United States; New York, New York, United States Business Disney Streaming Services Date posted Jul. 20, 2021
Job Summary:The Walt Disney Company launched a Disney-branded streaming service in 2019 featuring an incomparable collection of content from its brands and franchises recognized and respected all over the world. The direct-to-consumer (DTC) service will serve as the exclusive home for viewing original movies, series, short-form, and more, along with a vibrant catalogue that spans classic Disney Animation to the most recent movie releases.
We’re looking for a talented, and team-oriented Lead Product Designer to join our product design team. The ideal candidate has an entrepreneurial spirit and will thrive upon the legacy of our company while embracing unconventional thinking. Above all we are seeking an individual who is passionate about contributing to The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer experience through strategic hard-work and determination.
As Lead Product Designer, you’ll create visual design exhibits and artwork for the Disney+ platform that contribute to improving the user-experience of our subscribers. Some examples include user-engagement features, on-boarding user-journey, product marketing, and title artwork. You’ll work closely with all groups that contribute to the Disney+ platform. As part of the Product Design group, you’ll always look to balance the essence of the brand story and retaining the integrity of the product user interface; to always ensure the best experience for the user while delighting them with great content and visuals.
- Create designs for product features, Web pages, product interstitials, notifications and other components of the product experience that align and support the overall subscriber experience
- Create presentations and prototypes that describe the use and positioning of assets within our applications (TV, mobile, and web) while also speaking to the rationale for the solution and making compelling arguments for what is proposed
- Rapidly produce multiple solutions using sketches, wireframes and visual prototypes while instinctively knowing the proper level of detail to present to communicate your point of view while remaining optimally efficient.
- Collaborate with product teams to create artwork for the platform that not only satisfies requirements and strategic messaging, but also continues to raise the visual integrity of the user-experience in order to drive user adoption and engagement
- Provide creative feedback and direction to other designers working on in-service artwork
- Collaborate with fellow designers (UX, motion/prototypers) to help evolve the design language of the platform.
- Communicate with stakeholders (representing business, product, and engineering) to understand requirements and priorities.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with other groups to solve strategic initiatives and new program challenges quickly and creatively
- Ability to travel as needed to our SF, LA, or NYC offices to collaborate with colleagues in Product Design and other connected groups
- Generate design work-plans for yourself as well as other designers you may be directing; accurately estimate work items and communicate dependencies and issues as necessary. As a senior practitioner, you take full ownership of your work.
- Communicate design decisions and specifications in a scalable and reproducible form.
- You’ll continually push to humanize our product
- You’ll seek out new ways to enhance the standing of the product and brand
- An online portfolio featuring great work for mobile, tv, and web applications and brand/identity.
- 7-10 years experience designing and shipping successful consumer experience in a fast-paced product-centric, technology environment.
- Identifying core goals, success-KPI’s and expectations in performance
- Utilizing rapid prototyping and iterative design techniques.
- Designing for multiple platforms and screens.
- Defining and evolving design systems.
- Leading project design efforts/teams.
- Working closely with a cross-functional team of designers, software engineers, product managers, and business owners through all product development phases.
- Delivering engineering-friendly design specifications and documentation.
- Familiarity with version control.
- Informing and evangelizing the design process.
- Solid foundational design skills and sensibilities.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Professional experience with creating and managing digital content assets in the media/entertainment industry for (mobile, web, TV) is a significant advantage
- Sensitivity to handling of studio-based imagery and assets and the many facets of legality associated
- Experience in the business of digital subscription services, a bonus
- Experience in verbally articulating conceptual and design decisions to executives while being aware and sensitive to strategic influences
- Proven leadership and strategic ability
- A love of television, film, and entertainment.
- Smart, conceptual, confident, competent, adaptable, proactive, and results-oriented.
- Earnest, mature, and ego-free; you welcome candid feedback, and can constructively give it as well.
- You have an innate passion for learning new software design technologies and trends.
- You can’t stop yourself from sketching concepts, updating flows or polishing the designs that represent the big-thinking work.
- You embrace change and ambiguity as an opportunity for design to lead product development with new features and user goals.
- You can move effortlessly between doing design work and defining requirements and goals.
About Disney Streaming Services:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.