Lead UX Researcher, Inclusive DesignApply NowApply Later Job ID 897484BR Location San Francisco, California, United States; New York, New York, United States Business Disney Streaming Date posted Dec. 15, 2021
Do you find yourself always asking why and advocating regularly for users in a rapidly changing environment? Disney Streaming’s Star+ user experience research team is seeking a Lead UX Researcher who will be an outstanding addition to our team! As a Lead UX Researcher with Star+, you are recognized as an influential leader across the organization with research fundamentals that are exceptional. The right person for this role is adaptable and a research authority who draws insights from both quantitative and qualitative data. We look to you as a trusted voice in research contributing to strategic discussions and building relationships between research, design, product, marketing and various internal partners. You will plan and execute complex research projects that will encourage and influence others to develop product and feature improvements. If you are someone who has a strong background and you love the thrill of discovering user-generated insights, then this is an outstanding role for you!
- Define, plan and conduct user centered research (ethnographies, usability testing, etc.) around users’ needs and behaviors with statistical analysis in order to help inform our product initiatives (websites, mobile apps, mobile web, and living room apps).
- Observe and analyze user behavior and present clear actionable insights to partners.
- Educate teams, us research members and stakeholders about how to incorporate and prioritize user research and facilitate evidence-based results for positive product and design decisions.
- Execute qualitative research projects from start to finish, including developing a research plan, recruiting, moderating, analyzing results, and presenting findings.
- Mentor fellow UX researchers to grow skillsets and be the example of growth and standard methodologies.
- Work closely and collaboratively with designers, product managers, market researchers and developers to lead discovery and definition efforts of research products building off of a base founded in knowledge.
- 7+ years of experience with a broad set of user-centered research methods, including but not limited to: contextual inquiry and ethnographic field studies, one-on-one interviews, A/B testing, focus groups, usability testing, concept testing, competitive assessments, diary studies, etc.
- Confident and comfortable with strategic and evaluative research inclusive of metrics, and the ability to synthesize and correlate quantitative data with qualitative user research.
- Meticulous sense of detail and the ability to seek out simple or new solutions to complex challenges.
- Familiarity with mobile, gaming and/or TV platforms.
- Passion and care for evangelizing and educating team members on the value of user experience research in a clear, understandable and relatable way.
- Experience using various survey and statistical analysis. Validated ability to present research findings and insights in a concise and logical manner to various audiences to gain alignment, collaborator consensus, business partners, etc.
- Validated and familiarity with statistical modeling and complex analysis.
- Experience successfully generating research insights and having them drive product decisions.
- Experience driving user research within an agile product development environment.
- A Bachelor's degree or Ph.D. in Psychology, Human Computer Interaction, Human Factors or a related field preferred or equivalent.
- A Master's degree or Ph.D. in Psychology, Human Computer Interaction, Human Factors or a related field preferred or equivalent.
About Disney Streaming:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming.
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.