Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
Lucasfilm IT Operations Intern, San Francisco - Summer 2019Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 600476BR Location San Francisco, California, United States Business Lucasfilm Date posted Dec. 06, 2018
Job Summary:Lucasfilm IT Operations is an IT support organization that works closely with all Lucasfilm divisions, including production, corporate and Disney business segments. We are responsible for delivering all IT services, including desktop support, networking, telephony and audio visual equipment.
- Assist Department in ensuring production technology is ready for Feature Production. Intern(s) would help with testing new products and technology used by our feature production group as part of a larger project team.
- Work with various technology departments to audit infrastructure, plus assist in deploying new systems and servers. Assist in ensuring technology refresh cycle projects are completed.
- Assist in Data Center Operational Tasks, including network wiring, system upgrades and refreshes.
- Contribute to operational improvements within the team, such as developing scripts to solve task related problems and reviewing existing services and reporting on findings to team leads.
- Build / test / deploy desktop systems (Windows and Mac)
- Contribute to daily operational tasks, including inventory, ticket management and general troubleshooting.
- Proven knowledge and experience with Windows and Mac operating Systems.
- Programming and scripting experience, with the ability to demonstrate how you can create scripts to automate IT tasks.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively interact with diverse personalities.
- Strong time management skills; Ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Proven ability to work autonomously and in team settings.
- Knowledge with Linux Distributions a plus.
- Familiarity with film and video postproduction and/or computer graphics techniques highly desired.
- Understanding of network segmentation / DHCP / DNS / Active Directory a plus.
- Sophomore, Junior or Senior undergraduate student or recent graduate (within 6 months of graduation) pursuing a Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university in Computer Science, Information Systems, Computer Engineering or related field.
Additional Information:Internship Eligibility:
- Must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within the past 6 months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must provide full work availability
- Must provide own transportation to/from work
- Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
The approximate dates of this internship are May/June 2019 - August/September 2019. Interns must be available to work full-time for the duration of the internship.
Lucasfilm is a global leader in film, television and digital entertainment production. In addition to its motion-picture and television production, the company's activities include visual effects, audio post-production and cutting-edge digital animation, interactive entertainment software, and the management of the global merchandising activities for its entertainment properties including the legendary STAR WARS and INDIANA JONES franchises. Lucasfilm Ltd. is headquartered in northern California.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Lucasfilm Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Lucasfilm.
Lucasfilm Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.