Manager, Product UI Localization
San Francisco, California, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 964587BR Location San Francisco, California, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted May. 02, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
Job Summary:The Localization team at Disney Streaming is looking for an experienced Manager, Product UI Localization to work on our international market and new feature launch efforts and manage the team of Localization Product Managers. The ideal candidate will be an experienced Manager, who is self-driven, strategic, and well versed in setting up processes and understanding the latest localization technologies with expertise in process improvement and vendor management. To be successful in this position, you will be required to continuously improve Product UI localization workflows and scale the business. This is a high-impact position and will be critical in helping to ensure our future success in our growing international markets. This person will report to the Director, Product Localization.
- Drive the Product UI localization process optimization across different product portfolios that we support at Disney Streaming.
- Think about strategic and technical solutions to achieve business goals of Disney. Work to ensure your team’s resources are being spent in ways that align with those goals.
- Focus on building tools and efficiencies that allow all our processes and systems to run on time and smoothly.
- Lead and manage a team of Localization PMs and contractors by effectively coaching and mentoring.
- Provide up-to-date visibility and communication on Product Localization to leadership and cross-functional teams.
- Manage and track KPI and use data to evaluate the efficiency of cost, timeliness, and quality.
- Minimum of 5 years of hands-on program management experience in Globalization Operations or Globalization Program Management.
- Track record of building and managing high performance teams.
- Knowledge of globalization best practices and internationalization requirements.
- Demonstrable experience of establishing processes, supporting teams, developing relationships, and managing end-to-end for multiple localization programs.
- Experience managing and utilizing large data sets to drive performance and process improvements
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with experience interacting with senior leadership.
This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.