Manager, Production Finance (Post/Prep)Apply NowApply Later Job ID 843930BR Location San Francisco, California, United States Business Lucasfilm Date posted Oct. 07, 2021
This position has flexibility to be in San Francisco or Los Angeles.
We are looking for a Manager, Prep and Post Production Finance who reflects the innovative spirit, creative talent, and passion for great storytelling and filmmaking that define Lucasfilm.
Reporting to the VP, Production Finance, this position is responsible for managing the production accounting during the development and pre-production stages as well as when projects have wrapped principal photography and are in post. The Manager, Prep and Post Production Finance will work closely with Production Finance Executives to manage all aspects of production accounting while in development and early prep and ensure that they are transitioned smoothly to the Production Accounting teams. As production transitions to post, the Manager, Prep and Post Production Finance is also responsible for taking ownership of projects as they transition back to Lucasfilm. The Manager, Prep and Post Production Finance is responsible for the long-term maintenance of the project accounting databases after delivery.
- Processing production-specific accounts payable and payroll from end to end in production accounting specific Software (EP Global Vista, Smart Accounting, Cast and Crew PSL+)
- Overseeing entity, bank account, and payroll system set up
- Processing union and non-union production payrolls for crew members spanning multiple productions
- Managing quarterly closes by providing deliverables to Disney Studio Controllership
- Building out above the line talent payment schedules and administering the payments
- Overseeing and processing payments related to overall deals
- Overseeing and administering contingent compensation across multiple projects
- Managing accounts payable, accounts receivable and vendor deposits on both and show specific general ledgers including bill-backs to productions when green-lit
- Supporting efforts for process improvements
- Overseeing digitization of show records amongst scanning vendors
- Managing the reconciliation of funding and production costs from 3rd party accounting software to SAP
- Overseeing turnover meetings from Production to Post Production, and participate in show audits
- Supervising post production accountants to issue final cost reports and ensure the shutdown of shows in a timely fashion
- Managing post-production currency purchases and returns and oversee currency reconciliation
- Responsible for the vetting, hiring and management of prep and post production accountants
- Tracking production incentives
- Providing ad-hoc analysis to the VP, Production Finance and Director(s) of Production Finance
- Ideal candidate would possess a blend of both production accounting and in-house studio production finance experience
- Strong knowledge of union payroll; experience with SAG and WGA
- 5 minimum years experience on large budget tentpole feature films and/or large-scale episodic productions
- Experience working in multiple currencies and in multiple countries
- A calm, approachable personality especially when dealing with high profile talent
- Self-motivated problem-solver with a strong desire to contribute to the team and Company’s success
- A desire to work seamlessly within a strong team in a fast-paced, unpredictable, ambiguous environment
- Excellent professional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Maturity to handle confidential information
- Proficiency with Movie Magic Budgeting, SAP, GlobalVista, Smart Accounting, PSL+, and Microsoft Office Suite
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration or related preferred or commensurate industry experience.
Lucasfilm is a global leader in film, television and digital entertainment production. In addition to its motion-picture and television production, the company's activities include visual effects, audio post-production and cutting-edge digital animation, interactive entertainment software, and the management of the global merchandising activities for its entertainment properties including the legendary STAR WARS and INDIANA JONES franchises. Lucasfilm Ltd. is headquartered in northern California.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Lucasfilm Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Lucasfilm.
Lucasfilm Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.