Manager Software EngineeringApply NowApply Later Job ID 960974BR Location San Francisco, California, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Apr. 17, 2022
Disney Streaming (Hulu, Disney+, ESPN+, Star+) is looking for a hardworking Software Engineering Manager to join the Growth Lifecycle Offer Services Backend teams located in the San Francisco bay area, New York and Seattle.
The Offer Services team develops and maintains critical services in the user acquisition and user retention flows for Disney Streaming, thus having a direct impact on the company’s subscriber growth and revenue. The team manages these critical microservices services by improving a multi-region architecture on AWS.
As a key Engineering leader, you will get to partner with teams across the organization to coordinate cross-team initiatives that deliver on Disney Streaming business goals & objectives. You will have an opportunity to learn about the international landscape and challenges across billing, payments, subscriptions, offers, pricing and promotions. If you are someone who enjoys entertainment, collaborating, mentoring, and leading teams, then this is a great role for you.
As an Engineering Leader for the Offer Management Services team, you will
- Drive the technical vision and evolution of the services owned by the team.
- Lead architectural and design discussion for microservices to ensure what is developed has the right balance of cost vs benefit, is highly scalable and meets the business goals, objectives and customer needs.
- Work with Product Managers, Product Designers, QA, Support and other multi-functional teams to collaborate and deliver on the vision and roadmap for the team.
- Lead, develop and strengthen the team through mentoring, hiring and by implementing organizational structure that enables the team to scale and operate efficiently.
- Partner with Program Management and the engineering team on Agile methodology and SCRUM processes such as Sprint Planning, Backlog grooming, Daily Standups and Retrospectives.
- 2+ years of staff management experience.
- Proven success working as a Senior Engineer/Architect of complex, distributed backend services for critical path, prior to transitioning into a manager role.
- Experience working with cloud based deployments.
- Experience hiring top engineering talent and making tough decisions.
- Strong partner and communicator with the ability to articulate the team vision and technical concepts to multi-functional teams.
- Ability to make decisions in ambiguous situations in a fast-paced environment with evolving business needs.
- Excellent motivator driving influence and high efficiency from the team.
- Passionate about engineering standard methodologies and leading by example.
- Hands-on experience with Amazon Web Services.
- Prior experience implementing services in a JVM based language (Java/Scala/Kotlin).
- Prior experience in Offer Management, Billing, Payments, Subscriptions domain or a related field.
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.