Already applied?View Dashboard
Manager, Still Photography & Dgtl AssetsApply Now Apply Later Job ID 514538BR Location San Francisco, California, United States Business Studio Entertainment Brand Lucasfilm Date posted 01/05/2018
The Manager, Still Photography & Digital Assets manages the work and processes of the Lucasfilm Still Photography team and supervises the selection, scheduling, and delivery of final frames and most 2D digital assets from the ILM Image Unit.Apply Now Apply Later
- Supervises the editing of still photography by department Photo Editors and provides technical support to the team, as needed.
- Edits all unit still photography.
- Ensures still photography captured reflects the full range of material needed by Lucasfilm and its partners and provides direction to photographers, as needed.
- Works with talent representatives on all approvals, kills, retouching and special requests.
- Works with UK Stills Manager during production with all requests for still photography and 2D assets, inclusive of liaising with on-set stills photographers (unit, studio, 2nd unit, props).
- Manages and approves all requests for still photography and 2D assets (includes: blueprints, concept art, graphics files, logos, theatrical one-sheets, etc.) and delegates selected workload to Photo Editors for fulfillment.
- Effectively interfaces with asset requesters ranging from Lucasfilm Franchise Management to any other Disney entity (DCPI, WDI, Studio Marketing, etc.)
- Manages the ILM Image Unit final frames process, inclusive of editing final frames.
- Manages ILM Image Unit in regards to the creation of 2D Special Poses and provides creative input to ensure deliverables meet needs of the Asset Management department.
- Manages weekly VFX client breakdowns for Head of Franchise Creative & Asset Management.
- Sets department priorities, build schedules and ensures deadlines are being met. Anticipates all future needs that may be required by Lucasfilm and their partners and create departmental process strategies to support those needs.
- Manages Still Photography team, inclusive of coaching and mentoring staff and delivering performance feedback.
- Handles digital asset management from pre-production to Home Entertainment release.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in live-action film publicity and/or photo department, including 1- 2 years prior management experience, as well as expertise in understanding and prioritizing delivery schedules.
- Previous experience directing photo editors and photographers.
- Demonstrates professionalism and ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality.
- Ability to build and maintain trust with talent, producers, and senior management.
- Strong working knowledge of production techniques and terminology.
- Strong people supervisory skills including coaching & feedback. Ability to foster a teamwork environment that is both demanding and motivates employees to continually improve creative standards.
- Proven experience managing budgets of $1 million or greater.
- Demonstrates strong computer skills preferably with Database programs. Proficient in Adobe Creative Suites applications and advanced level of experience with Adobe Photoshop.
- Demonstrates strong organizational, project management and leadership skills. Strong communication skills (written and verbal). Proven ability to work effectively with all levels of management and partners.
- Ability to establish priorities and multi-task efficiently within a high-pressure environment while meeting strict deadlines.
- Ability to work in an environment that has a certain degree of ambiguity as well as a complex organizational structure.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, Marketing, Integrated Marketing, Promotion, Business or other related field, or commensurate level of work experience.