Motion Graphics ArtistApply NowApply Later Job ID 10013340 Location San Francisco, California, United States Business Industrial Light & Magic Date posted Aug. 03, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid Preferred, Remote Possible
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely. A remote opportunity may be possible for qualified candidates under certain circumstances and, if granted, the employee would work remotely on an ongoing basis.
The Motion Graphics Artist conceptualizes, designs, and executes 2D and 3D animations for internal development projects and client needs. Responsible for creating compelling 2D and 2.5D motion graphics in After Effects, but also for developing 3D scenes and integrating renders into the comp.
What You’ll Do
- Works with production team (Art Director, VFX Supervisor) to execute the desired look of 3D projects
- Assists with storyboarding and creative compositions/shot set-up
- Participates as a team member in determining various design solutions
- Maintains a consistent level of productivity while meeting production deadlines and delivering high quality work
- Communicate potential or discovered design and production issues/concerns to Production Team
What We’re Looking For
- A minimum of 5-7 years of work as a motion graphic designer or a degree in Design (could be from a Trade School)
- Must be proficient in Adobe Illustrator/Photoshop and highly proficient in Adobe After Effects
- Must have excellent design, layout, typography and color theory skills
- Maya or Blender experience is a plus
About Industrial Light & Magic:
Founded in 1975 by George Lucas, ILM is the leading effects facility in the world, serving the motion picture, commercial production, and attraction industries. ILM has created visual effects for over 325 feature films and has played a key role in seven of the top 10 worldwide box-office hits of all time and has contributed to 25 of the top 50. ILM has set the standard for visual effects, creating some of the most stunning images in the history of film. At the forefront of the digital revolution, the company continues to break new ground in visual effects, VR, AR, and Immersive Cinema.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Lucasfilm Ent Co Ltd, LLC Payroll Svc, which is part of a business we call Industrial Light & Magic.
Lucasfilm Ent Co Ltd, LLC Payroll Svc is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.