Network Operations Engineer
San Francisco, CA - USApply Now Apply Later
Job ID 658188BR Location San Francisco, California, United States Business Disney Streaming Services Date posted 01/05/2019
Job Summary:Disney Streaming Services (DSS) is creating the future of digital video entertainment products for one of the largest media brands in the world. We’re focused on delivering extraordinary experiences and distributing the incredible library of Disney content through all forms of interactive media. Our digital technology leadership and capabilities are married with a passion for crafting dynamic consumer-facing applications that integrate live and on-demand multimedia. We create great digital media products for millions of fans around the globe, and we're looking for strong performers who can help us improve what we do every day. This is an opportunity to impact experiences that will be used by millions of users worldwide.
Our Network Operations team provides first line support and troubleshooting for large scale production issues as well as implementing Data Center builds. Working closely with both the Network Engineering team and systems operations, we ensure maximum uptime of services and speedy resolution of all issues.
- First line support for all network issues and connectivity to datacenters around the world
- Work with Network Engineering to implement Data Center Builds
- Produce accurate and easily parsable documentation for any new builds or procedures
- Perform routine hardware and software upgrades and configurations
- CCNA certification is highly preferred
- Experience with routing and switching technologies in datacenter networks
- Demonstrated expertise and understanding of the TCP/IP protocol suite
- Thorough understanding and practical experience of routing protocols and switching technologies including PIM Multicast
- Substantial experience administering Cisco product lines (IOS, IOS-XE, IOS-XR and NXOS)
- Strong knowledge of firewall technologies
- Working knowledge of both Cisco Campus and VXLAN environments
- Knowledge of network and information security practices with specific regard to cisco ASA operation
- Working knowledge of Layer 3 routing protocols: BGP, EIGRP, etc.
- Experience with Linux
- Able to work non-traditional hours, in non-traditional settings. This includes occasional weekends, evenings, and holidays
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related software engineering field or equivalent practical experience
About Disney Streaming Services:
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service; the upcoming Disney subscription video service; and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Our core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location. We serve consumers by bringing the world’s most beloved characters, timeless stories, legendary athletes, and epic sporting events to global audiences through best-in-class direct-to-consumer video services. We strive daily to imaginatively challenge convention with innovative technology that gives consumers the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.