Network Security Engineer - Disney+
San Francisco, CA - USApply Now Apply Later
Job ID 738382BR Location San Francisco, California, United States Business Disney Streaming Services Date posted Jan. 15, 2020
Job Summary:Disney Streaming Services (DSS) is a place for the creative and the bold. We’re a global leader in delivering direct-to-consumer live and on demand video at scale. Residing within The Walt Disney Company umbrella, we’re a newly formed business unit that provides technology solutions to create custom, over-the-top video experiences.
The Network Security Engineer is a hands on technical role within the Corporate Infrastructure Network Engineering team. A successful candidate will leverage many of the network security tools currently in place and additionally research and deploy new network security tools in the industry. In addition the Network Security Engineer will provide additional support and knowledge to the overall Network Engineering organization on projects and campus buildouts.
- Deploy, Administer, and Maintain network security tools and services related to network and systems engineering environments
- Assist in developing effective security policies, tool provisioning, and configuration review/audit
- Maintaining next generation firewalls, virtual private networks, virus, threat, and malware detection systems, and performing regular audits
- Review weekly reports and investigate abnormalities along with mitigation options
- Work to integrate majority of security tools into a central correlation architecture for simplified management
- Provide supplemental network engineering support and knowledge to the corporate network engineering team
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, related technical disciplines or equivalent practical experience
- 3+ years of experience with Layer 2 switching protocols such as TCP or UDP, STP, ECMP, or 802.1x
- 3+ years of experience with Layer 3 routing protocols such as EIGRP, BGP, OSPF, and VRFs
- 2+ years of experience with stateful firewalls, non-stateful filtering and packet inspection
- 1+ years of experience with next generation firewall from vendors such as Cisco, Palo Alto, Fortinet, Juniper, or Checkpoint
- Knowledge of user authentication, authorization and Identity management products and technologies such as: 802.1x, TACACS, Radius, and Cisco ISE
- Solid understanding of PKI as well as deployment via SCEP.
- Bachelor's degree (preferably engineering related)
- Basic Linux fundamentals
- Experience with Cisco security products (ISE, Firepower, DNA, Stealthwatch, AMP, etc.)
- Experience with network automation tools and scripting are highly desired
- A propensity to experiment with emerging technologies
About Disney Streaming Services:
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Our core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location. We serve consumers by bringing the world’s most beloved characters, timeless stories, legendary athletes, and epic sporting events to global audiences through best-in-class direct-to-consumer video services. We strive daily to imaginatively challenge convention with innovative technology that gives consumers the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.