Already applied?View Dashboard
Office CoordinatorApply Now Apply Later Job ID 554747BR Location San Francisco, California, United States Business Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media Brand Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media Date posted May. 14, 2018
Job Summary:Provide administrative support to the Product Development Lucas (Star Wars) team. The position collaborates closely with the VP Administrative Assistant and category leaders on providing department support.
- Collaborate with Director & PD Team on all scheduling needs.
- Manage office supplies through placing orders and maintaining stock, including overall printer maintenance.
- Partner with Work place services & IT to resolve issues as they arise.
- Provide on-site meeting coordination – Order Catering, booking rooms, escorting guests, manage meeting collateral.
- General office organization
Product Development Team Support:
- Collaborate with PD Coordinators to process incoming samples (opening boxes, entering in system & delivering to the team)
- Partner with Director & PD Team on booking travel and helping with expense reports.
- Work with Hardlines and Softlines team leaders and other divisions on fulfilling product request needs.
- Process shipping invoices and other invoices as needed.
- Organize and provide tours.
- Large event coordination (Examples include Creative workshops, Press events, etc)
- Schedule on-site & off-site Licensee Meetings (This would be Creative Rollout Meetings & New York Meetings)
- Schedule WebEx and Blue Jean Video Conferencing Needs
Support for Director of Product Development:
- Backup phone & calendar support
- Provide coverage of email, phone, and office as needed.
- Organize files, business cards, and records on a regular basis.
- Assist with preparing meeting agendas and facilitate follow-up.
- Handles Budget & Tracking of Travel, Expenses & Labor Reports
- Administrative experience in a corporate environment with proven success interacting, partnering and networking with all levels of management, including executives (directors and vice presidents) in a fast-paced dynamic environment
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills to assure professional interaction with senior executives, internal partners, and external contacts. Strong command of English grammar skills with an ability to prepare correspondence from notes, meetings and author documents and reports
- Demonstrated strong organizational skills with attention to detail
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Ability to manage time wisely and prioritize effectively
- Anticipate needs, take initiative, proactively problem-solve using sound judgment and handle confidential and sensitive information
- Enthusiastic attitude and strong work ethic
- Strong computer/technology skills, including but not limited to Microsoft Word, Excel, Google Mail, Docs & Sheets, Concur, PowerPoint, Visio, Mac Keynote, SAP (T&E, Labor Utilization reporting, etc.), Internet explorer and internet-based research. Experience using File Maker Pro and Web Conferencing is a plus.
- Strong organizational and follow-through skills, orderly and detail-oriented with ability to handle multiple work streams simultaneously, prioritize work and accurately and efficiently archive documents and work products
- Proven knowledge of office management culture, structure and operating practices
- Able to lift boxes up to 20 lbs.
About Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media:
Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media (DCPI) is the business segment of The Walt Disney Company (NYSE:DIS) that brings our Company’s stories and characters to life through innovative and engaging physical products and digital experiences across more than 100 categories, from toys and t-shirts, to apps, books and console games. DCPI comprises four main lines of business: Global Licensing, Disney Retail, Publishing and Digital Media, and Games, Apps, and Labs. The segment is home to world-class teams of app and game developers, licensing and retail experts, a leading retail business (Disney Store), artists and storytellers, and technologists who inspire imaginations and bring the magic of Disney into the daily lives of families and fans around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Global Product Development and Creative, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media.
Disney Global Product Development and Creative, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.