Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
Online Site Production Intern, DTCI - Summer 2020Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 737078BR Location San Francisco, California, United States Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted Jan. 14, 2020
- Updating news & blog entries, images and various other production tasks
- Star Wars.com Databank - organize and perform updates to encyclopedic entries about Star Wars characters, locations, tech, and more
- Asset management - Organizing, tagging, and curating digital assets in server directories as well as using a proprietary digital asset management application
- Supporting StarWars.com’s presence at Star Wars Celebration in Anaheim
- Network file system organization and support
- Contribute to idea generation of content pieces for site promotion
- Quality control
- Basic skills in Adobe Creative Suite programs (specifically Photoshop and Illustrator) and content management systems. Familiarity with digital asset management systems a plus.
- Ability to write, edit, proof copy and use basic graphic design skills for image production. Design skills a plus.
- Extremely high attention to detail.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and creative ideas in a fast-paced environment.
- Passion, appreciation and knowledge of Star Wars and Lucasfilm IP integral.
Required EducationCurrently enrolled in a 4 year program at the junior or senior level in digital production, communications, or a related field
· At least 18 years of age
· Unrestricted work authorization
· Available full time for 12 weeks from May/June through August/September
· Ability to provide own relocation, housing and transportation. Position is located in San Francisco, CA.
· Enrolled in an undergraduate program at a college/university taking at least one class in the semester prior to participation in the internship program, or recently graduated within six months at time of application
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney +, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney DTC LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.
Disney DTC LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.