Already applied?View Dashboard
Paralegal - Lucasfilm Consumer ProductsApply Now Apply Later Job ID 646577BR Location San Francisco, California, United States Business Lucasfilm Date posted Mar. 11, 2019
Job Summary:The Walt Disney Company is a diversified, international family entertainment and media organization whose operations include theme parks and resorts, filmed entertainment including motion pictures and television shows, theatrical productions, home video products, records, consumer products, a cruise line, radio and television stations, broadcast and cable networks, Internet offerings, and publishing activities.
Disney Parks, Experiences and Products is the business segment of The Walt Disney Company that brings the magic of Disney’s stories, characters and franchises into the daily lives of families and fans around the world to create memories that last a lifetime. The company’s iconic travel and leisure businesses include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe, and Asia; a top-rated cruise line; a luxurious family beach resort in Hawaii; a popular vacation ownership program; and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business; the world’s largest children’s print publisher; Disney Store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform. These experiences are created by Walt Disney Imagineering, the innovative force responsible for overseeing the segment’s world-class products and experiences — from immersive lands to interactive toys, and everything in between.
Disney Legal is seeking an experienced paralegal whose primary role would be to support legal work for the Lucasfilm Consumer Products business, including both merchandise and publishing under the supervision of Disney Legal attorneys. This role will be based in San Francisco, CA.
- Drafting merchandise & publishing license agreements and amendments
- Drafting services agreements, promotional agreements, NDAs, authorization letters, and other types of correspondence and agreements with licensees and vendors
- Working closely with attorneys, other paralegals, and clients within CPC, Publishing, and Contract Administration
- Supporting merchandise & publishing rights clearance and rights management for Lucasfilm properties
- Miscellaneous projects for as they arise
- Paralegal Certification (preferred) or equivalent experience.
- It is desirable for the candidate to have at least 3 years’ experience at a law firm, corporate law department, or corporate contract administration department.
- Intellectual Property experience is a plus.
- Commercial/transactional experience is required.
- Excellent writing and analytical skills are required.
- Must have experience in contract drafting
- Must be an exceedingly organized, detail-oriented person, and able to multi-task and work independently, without extensive secretarial support.
- Must have strong computer skills, including with office productivity software such as Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Bachelor’s degree
Lucasfilm is a global leader in film, television and digital entertainment production. In addition to its motion-picture and television production, the company's activities include visual effects, audio post-production and cutting-edge digital animation, interactive entertainment software, and the management of the global merchandising activities for its entertainment properties including the legendary STAR WARS and INDIANA JONES franchises. Lucasfilm Ltd. is headquartered in northern California.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company, which is part of a business segment we call Lucasfilm.
The Walt Disney Company is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.