Principal Product Designer, International
New York, New York, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 771443BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Disney Streaming Services Date posted Jan. 14, 2021
Job Summary:Disney Streaming Services is changing how people watch movies, shows, sports and live events. Our mission is to create the best entertainment experience and push the envelope of what’s possible. It’s an incredibly exciting time to work in streaming media as more content creators seek how to engage their audience with compelling user experiences. The design team has a pivotal role in giving form to those ideas and continually improving these apps that people use every day.
About the Team
The DSS design team is a growing practice of multi-disciplinary creators and storytellers. We are passionate about building high-quality, innovative and authentic experiences that connect people with the content they love. We work where art meets science, exploring ideas by using the power of design to make the invisible visible. We believe in doing things that matter, cultivating a culture of diverse perspectives and collaboration. We celebrate our wins, but never settle.
- As a Principal Product Designer you will:
- Follow a user-centered, data-driven design process to clearly understand the motivations and behaviors of our international users, and design intuitive solutions that help them meet their goals
- Design complex multi-state and conditional experiences for a diverse audience. ● Partner closely with multi-disciplinary teams, including research, engineering, product and business to find elegant and practical solutions
- Partner with researchers to validate solutions and practice evidence-based design
- Rapidly ideate potential solutions and convey initial creative ideas and concepts; at various levels of fidelity using sketches, mockups and prototypes.
- Support and abide by the governance of our design system; evangelizing its adoption with designers and engineers.
- Present your designs in the language of partners, stakeholders and people outside of design.
- Initiate research studies with your users to uncover product opportunities and validate solutions; and engage your peers from engineering, product and design in the research process.
- Partner with cross-functional peers and collaborate to achieve viable, feasible and desirable solutions as a team.
- Identify areas for improvement in our operations in people development, process & workflow, and design technology. Partner with DesignOps in creating an action plan.
Basic Qualifications:Our Ideal Principal Product Designer, International Is:
- Driven by the need to meet our users where they are in order to understand cultural norms, behavior and motivations, acknowledging that context is fundamental in design in the right solution that takes a product from desirable to meaningful
- Able to prioritize work and resources across engagements based on short and long-term needs
- Capable of consulting stakeholders & partners on how to uncover project goals, constraints & dependencies; and then guide them to optimal solutions.
- Strategic- you can translate strategies into inspiring concepts and successful executions.
Our Ideal Principal Product Designer, International Has:
- 8+ years experience designing & shipping software
- A portfolio showcasing your process for problem-solving, visual and interaction design, with particular attention to localization, inclusivity and accessibility best practices
- Experience designing for multiple platforms, particularly connected devices, a huge plus
- Experience creating minimum viable products, utilizing rapid prototyping and iterative design techniques
- Expert skills in Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, InVision, Abstract, Zeplin
- Proficiency with prototyping (Principle, Framer, Proto.io) and animation (After Effects) software a plus
- Proficiency in HTML/CSS a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong conceptual and design sense, and able to execute across a range of digital experiences
- Bachelor’s degree in design or related field required
About Disney Streaming Services:
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Our core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location. We serve consumers by bringing the world’s most beloved characters, timeless stories, legendary athletes, and epic sporting events to global audiences through best-in-class direct-to-consumer video services. We strive daily to imaginatively challenge convention with innovative technology that gives consumers the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.